“So so”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had not been here for a couple of years so thought I would give it another try. It was ok, nothing to shout home about really. Tempura squid was vastly over battered and I don't really want a lettuce garnish with my pad thai. Cheap alternative to Guildford, but would probably make the extra effort to get there instead. Shame.

1  Thank Steelysurrey
There are newer reviews for Chada Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Chada Thai restaurant is actually in Shalford. The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated, warm and the staff are friendly and polite. We have eaten there a number of times and have always enjoyed food that has been freshly prepared and served hot. We asked to change an item in the starter platter and this was no problem. The main meals are a good size portion and delicious. I can recommend the salty squid and the roast duck with tamarind sauce as well as the massaman curry. My husband likes the green thai curry. Desserts are different - not the usual bought in icecreams you often get.
We have also had a take away from Chada Thai - again delicious, hot and freshly prepared.
A favourite for sure.

1  Thank KatherineJTuck
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just a quick mention to say that I had the best Thai takeaway I have had for a long time from the Chada Thai yesterday. It was with some trepidation that we choose to go there because our last experience in the restaurant was decidedly mediocre.
The starter platter was great - crispy won ton, prawns in blankets, chicken satay skewers and Thai fish cakes. The main dishes were also excellent - roast duck red curry and gaeng pah beef. The duck had little or no fat attached and was spicy enough, the beef was very tasty and more spicy than the duck as expected. Oh and they only took 15 minutes to cook the whole lot... overall the only quibble we had that despite spending over £30 there were no free (included price) crackers - and I will forgive them that as the food was excellent.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We visited this restaurant mid-week on a cold, rainy night, but it was reasonably full. The staff were very attentive and we sat at a table next to a nice warm radiator, which was very cosy. After reading the extensive menu we decided to go for the set menu, which proved to be a good choice. We asked if we could change the green Thai curry for another dish and there was no problem. The starter platter with chicken satay, spring rolls, Thai fish cakes etc was very good, as were the main dishes. We didn't try the desserts, so can't comment on them. We will definitely return, as it was a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This restaurant is tucked out of the way just a short drive from Guildford Town Centre (the restautrant is in Shalford). The lighting was dim and nice and cosy and our table had heaters closeby to add to the warmth of the restaurant. The place was pretty full when we arrived at 7.40 (had an 8pm booking). We ordered starters, I had the lovely fishcakes which were really tasty (4 small fishcakes). My husband had vegetable tempura, I tasted it too and we both agreed they were very good - not too crispy and overcook but just perfect. Our main courses (see pictures) were No:25 and 71 on the menu, mushroom gaprao hed and beef pad gaprao with sticky rice and egg fried rice.
We had the Mango Tango dessert which was okay. The mango was slightly green but presented and cut lovely and the icecream was great. The waffle was not great. All in all it was a great meal, dessert let it down slightly.
The staff were very good. I don't think I have ever been to a Thai restaurant where the staff have ever not been perfect and this restaurant would be the same :-) lovely friendly staff who were very efficient.
By the time we left at around 9ish the restaurant was very quiet. If we had booked for later I would have been puzzled and wondered why it was so quiet but I think with the cold weather people are generally eating out earlier. I will 100% be back. I enjoyed it very much.
I also noticed many people popping in to get takeaways which is great too.

2  Thank NikiTurner