“Quickly becoming our local .....”
Review of Ye Olde Ship Inn

Ye Olde Ship Inn
Ranked #111 of 290 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: European, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Many entries on Google
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Quickly becoming our local .....”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have been to the Ship several times since going there on New Years Day with Friends. It has always had good ale and cider on tap, the fire roaring and the service friendly. We have also enjoyed the food, in particular the pizza's.

It is a great place to chill out with friends, no stress and very cozy. We will be going back very soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank RColtz

Devon, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub but the food isn't as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I visited the Ship for the first time in over a year and was looking forward to eating there as the food had always been good in the past. The killer crust garlic bread was tasty but my pizza was a let down. The chef unfortunately made up the wrong pizza first time round, and when the right one came it was disappointing. The pizza wasn't overly large, which wasn't in itself an issue, but the lack of topping was. I ordered a puttanesca which sounded promising but there were 2 slices of pepperoni and 2 anchovies and the rest was crushed dried chillies and a bit of garlic (powdered?) and the cheese topping was overcooked. On the whole not good value at £9.50. On a plus point it is a great traditional pub, the staff are friendly and with a log burner, open fire, its very welcoming with a good atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
“lovely pub”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My husband and I often visit this pub as it is fairly local to us. The staff are very welcoming and the food very good and is reasonably priced.

Visited September 2012
“A great local”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have been coming to the ship for several weeks now and consider it to be a solid local. Traditionally styled it has clearly adapted to the current climate and the owners clearly have a clear vision of what they want. Food is somewhat limited but what they do do is good. Drink is reasonably priced and the range is decent enough. My one critisim is that you can sometimes wait for another drink at the bar for a while. Otherwise lovely atmosphere and friendly staff.

1 Thank StewartCumming
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A real pub close to Guildford”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Ship is what I call the perfect pub - no phones, no music, just brilliant beer well kept and the best pizzas in the south of England. The pub has its own wood fired pizza oven so they are really fresh, and they deliver too.
I've been going to this pub for the last 20 years and it has never lost its charm. My dog loves it too!
In the winter the log fires add to the atmosphere. The guest beers are usually to my taste but I do love a pint of Speckled Hen at the Captains table with my friends.

• Visited October 2012