“Fantastic facial”

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic facial”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited the Relaxation Rooms as a treat from my daughter for my birthday. The experience was a very pleasant one and one I will be repeating! I arrived at the spa and completed my registration form (very important as I have a few medical things that could complicate my treatment) and was then taken to get changed into a comfortable robe, I was then taken to the relaxation room and wound down , after my rush to the appointment!. Hayley collected me and welcomed me into her beauty room, explained my treatment and gave me a lovely foot wash and rub. A welcome treat! I then had a glorious facial treatment in peaceful surroundings ( forgetting the kids, I'd left at home!). I didn't want the treatment to end. Thank you Hayley for a fantastic first experience at the Relaxation Rooms, I will be visiting again and would encourage others to give it a try, you will be pleasantly pleased!

Visited May 2014

Bagshot, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My first visit to the Relaxation Rooms wasn't as good as I had expected. I had been given a voucher for my birthday and was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon of 3 hours of treatments (the Ultimate Luxury package).

Despite booking in person and discussing the package I wanted, I was booked in for the wrong 3 hour session. This was rectified but I was made to feel like I had caused inconvenience.

Noise was a bit of a problem throughout - The building is quite old and there is little/no sound proofing, so you could hear doors banging, floors creaking and people talking outside your treatment room, and the ambience of the relaxation room was spoilt by the hot water boiler (for tea) making a loud noise periodically whilst it heated the water up.

My main concern was that I have a neck problem, which I stated on my registration card, and the therapist did not even ask me about it when she did my massage. I do wonder if she had actually even looked at the card. The massage pressure was very firm, bordering on uncomfortable, and I wasn't asked what I preferred.

Finally, my treatment was supposed to be 3 hours (for £180, so not an insignificant amount of money) and I had completed my treatments, been in the relaxation room, got changed, settled my account and left the building after only 2 hours and 45 minutes.

All in all I had been hoping for a relaxing afternoon, but I sad to say it didn't really feel like that had been achieved by the time I left.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank kirimist
guildford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

As a regular visitor to the Relaxation rooms it was no surprise to have another wonderful treatment there today. I can highly recommend the ESPA Active Peel Facial. My facial was done by Lauren who is lovely, welcoming and an excellent therapist. Having said that, I have had Kat and Hayley in the past and they have also been excellent, so I don't think you can go wrong with whoever you choose. I have recommended the Relaxation rooms to many friends over the years and they have always come out full of praise and have gone back regularly since, so I don't think its just me. Furthermore, I think the prices are more than reasonable particularly if you have loyalty card, as its amazing how quickly the points add up. They also often have special offers on treatments throughout the year, which I try to make the most of. I am looking forward to a lava shell massage in a month's time as a result of one of the special offers. In my opinion, by far the best spa in and around Guildford.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank skelm04
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Re-booking!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I recently went for a full body lava shell massage as a treat from my kiddies.
It was one of the best I've had as the therapist listened to my personal needs and requirements.
The and staff were lovely and polite ,as soon as you enter your enveloped in the fragrance of lemongrass.
I loved being able to enjoy the relaxation area while in a robe eating fruit. I personally didn't use the slippers available as I wanted to copy the staff and be bare- footed.
I hope to get another treat soon so I can re book.
TL

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tuesday L
Farnham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank You”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Never been here before for my waxing. Made to feel very welcome, treatment was professional. All staff were friendly...best wax experience to date! Would highly recommend

Visited April 2013