“We should have gone into the village”

The Tea Shop at Watts Gallery
Ranked #45 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I think this café is fine for a mid morning snack or afternoon tea, but I will be cautious about waiting in a queue for a brunch/lunch table in future. Our turkey sarnie was more like reconstituted luncheon meat sarnie, which the staff swapped when we expressed our surprise - for an overpriced bland salad.

Hopefully this was just a blip, as I have had lunch here previously (before premises were extended) and it was perfectly acceptable.

Jennie 33

1  Thank Jennie33

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I visit the tea shop quite regularly and I must say that over the past month or so, the quality of food has just got better and better. The service of the staff is second to none and other businesses could learn a lot from the attention to detail that is offered here. The owners of the gallery should, and I hope are, pleased with the changes that appear to have happened here. I tell so many people of this hidden gem and all are pleased when they visit.

3  Thank J0hnC1969
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Has now been to this little gem of a tea shop twice. The first was on Mothers Day this year, where we had a very good cream tea for 3 which was also very good value for money. It was a busy time, but the staff coped very well. The second time was last week when I took my Mother for lunch. Again excellent food, fantastic staff and lovely location. I can highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Tine D
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Made the mistake of going at tea time! Nowhere quiet and peaceful to sit if you want to avoid hearing what everyone else is saying. Friendly staff and quick service but the tea was under brewed and bland. Nice location, shame the surroundings weren't in keeping with the original era, just a bit too modern to go with the excellent idea of mismatched china (including the tea pots).

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This tea shop has really good homemade cakes and snacks and is a nice place to go after visiting Watts Gallery and Watts Chapel