“It's average..”

Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex
Ranked #18 of 66 things to do in Guildford
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectrum is the most advanced facility of its type in the UK with its extensive array of sport, leisure and entertainment pursuits all under one roof.
Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“It's average..”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Been to Spectrum pool many times in the past and recently visited again. The pool is average, with a selection of slides to use. The only down side is that half the slides are never open each time I visit?

Changing rooms could be done up slightly better, they have been the same for many years.

However I cannot complain as haven't had any issues with the place. Best time to visit it outside of school hours and term time, as it gets quite busy.

2 Thank Alex G

Horley, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Pretty Average Public Complex”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The pluses - good location, easy and free parking, great swimming pool for kids, small but entertaining kids soft play area.
The negatives - overcrowded in school holidays, badly supervised by overworked young employees. The Cafe is very much overpriced and the day we went a huge queue for Wimpy not remotely in the league of Burger King or McDonalds. We left most of it. Agree the cafe has a nice view but does not compensate for the poor food. Best to use the on site Costa Cafe but the prices there are steep.
My advice: use the swimming pool and the play area for what they are they are - quite cheap and good value for money but frankly this place could do a lot lot better. Get your food elsewhere!

Sutton, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Swimming pool is great for the little ones!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took my children to Guilford Spectrum on a very rainy day during the half term and day had a great day out for sure. We decided to go for the complete package with pool, bowling and ice skating and stay for the day. I thought it was a bit pricey for a family of 4, but as soon as we got there we had a great first impression of the building from the outside: it looked very new and promising. Unfortunately that vanished when we entered the building and noted the facilities could use some modernisation. The service was good, we queued up and easily booked our activities for the day. We started with the pool: changing rooms were clean, lots of storage available, pool was warm and clean. For the next hour I lost track of my kids! They went on all slides and had loads of fun. Our time slot seemed to fly in the pool and soon enough was time to leave. There wasn't enough family changing/showers available to all the families with children in there and it took us a while to get sorted. After swimming, children were starving and we decided to feed them. There wasn't enough options on site: a cafe, a burger place and Mexican food. The cafe was fully packed, so we went to the burger place. Price was the same as McDonald's but burger and fries were a bit greasy. After eating we went bowling and again the kids loved it! Only problem is it was only one game and finished super fast. The last one was ice skating. Here, the staff looked tired and grumpy. They didn't give us enough information and only after locking our bags in the storage we discovered we had to pay extra for the little penguins to help the children ice skate. I really thought this was included in the price and not an extra. Well, they had fun anyway and it was a good day out. We plan to return again during the summer holidays, but only for the swimming pool.

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Leisure pool”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Slides are rubbish , think they have turned the water flow down to slow them , I've been to more exciting funerals , it's under staffed and poorly organised also .I spotted half a dozen lumps of poo and told the lifeguards and they did not know how to deal with it , I had to rescue some lady and her baby from an incoming chocolate torpedo as they all scratched their heads

2 Thank Kainedog
Surrey, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Swimming pool”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I think that this lesuire centre does provide value for money. The cafe over looks the pool area so you can keep on eye on your children. The swimming pool also has slides and activities for all ages, with warm water, a wave machine, lanes swimming and diving boards. The toddler, children and adult areas are all seperated which i found to be one of the best aspects.