“Long wait, below average food, understaffed, rude barman!”
Review of The Kings Head Pub

The Kings Head Pub
Ranked #88 of 302 Restaurants in Guildford
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I moved to Surrey recently and had my family over for the weekend. It was a lovely sunny Sunday and we chose to go to The King's Head because of it's location and outdoor area. We were told there was a 40min wait for the meal, which we thought was pretty long considering it wasn't that busy. 1h20min later no food at all, not even our starters! We had seen a few people leaving the place and asking for a refund because of the long wait. After asking the barman about our food and explaining we had been waiting for longer that we were told (and we had a 5yo child asking for her food), he unexpectedly answers: "there is nothing I can do, if you're not happy there is plenty of other pubs nearby". I was shocked with the reply I got. What kind of treatment is that? Appalling!
For this reason, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PUB TO ANYONE and will not take my family or friends there ever again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

A few friends and me came here having recently turned 18, and we were treated very poorly. Some of us who were not drinking as they were underage were kicked out of the pub. This was accompanied by an unpleasantness from the staff. Service was quick, but students: do not come here.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Really nice old pub. Friendly staff and really nice Merlot!
Probably the best Merlot in Guildford. Good place to go before town, prices are pretty average too!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Been drinking at The Kings Head for many years, very traditional with roaring fire in the winter. Food is also good, traditional "pub grub" A great place to visit in the summer as they have a elevated court yard beer garden.
Great location tucked away behind Guildford castle.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Here we found good honest pub food, tasty and well presented at reasonable prices in a warm friendly atmosphere, the pub is very close to the town centre so a handy place for a pint of ale while waiting for the wife to finish shopping, we will be happy to return when next in Guildford.