“Seems popular with the young crowd, but not for couples”
Review of The Kings Head Pub

The Kings Head Pub
Ranked #86 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We came here for an evening drink as we happened to be passing by after a meal at Olivos. The inside area of the pub was deserted, so we went to the beer garden which was potentially attractive, but was full of teenagers smoking and celebrating turning 18. If you're a group of teenagers then I can see the attraction of this place; however as a couple we're evidently not the target clientele and won't be coming back.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The prices for the pub food was very reasonable. There is an outside dining area and the food quality was good and speed of service was excellent. Will visit again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were early for a meal at the next door restaurant Olivo's and dropped in for a pre-dinner drink. What can I say, it did what it said on the tin. It's a pub and a good one for a quick drink. The bar staff were pleasant and helpful, the drinks were as expected. Didn't eat there so can't comment on food. But the atmosphere was great as the pub is a very old building, possible grade 2 listed.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I moved to Surrey recently and had my family over for the weekend. It was a lovely sunny Sunday and we chose to go to The King's Head because of it's location and outdoor area. We were told there was a 40min wait for the meal, which we thought was pretty long considering it wasn't that busy. 1h20min later no food at all, not even our starters! We had seen a few people leaving the place and asking for a refund because of the long wait. After asking the barman about our food and explaining we had been waiting for longer that we were told (and we had a 5yo child asking for her food), he unexpectedly answers: "there is nothing I can do, if you're not happy there is plenty of other pubs nearby". I was shocked with the reply I got. What kind of treatment is that? Appalling!
For this reason, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PUB TO ANYONE and will not take my family or friends there ever again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

A few friends and me came here having recently turned 18, and we were treated very poorly. Some of us who were not drinking as they were underage were kicked out of the pub. This was accompanied by an unpleasantness from the staff. Service was quick, but students: do not come here.