A word of advice; if, as you drive up to your hotel, assuming that it is not your intention to marry, you see a sign which says ‘REGISTRAR’ on a reserved parking space, I suggest that you turn around and find another hotel. Although weddings are often a cause for riotous celebration and excess for the participants, they can be most disturbing for anyone who is not part of the merry-making. Only too often these celebrations of union appear to be made up of revellers, who have no consideration or thought for other guests, who may be in the hotel on business, or attempting to relax in a quieter and more civilised manner, which in most cases never results in becoming blind drunk and disturbing the entire hotel.
The Manor House Hotel is an establishment, which is primarily geared to cater for wedding parties and the occasional conference. The swimming pool and gym, recent additions to the hotel, are good, as I believe, is the spa, although my wife was unable to obtain an appointment for treatment as it was inundated with wedding guests. The food at dinner was formulaic and predictable and the service no better than average. The breakfast was a disappointment but then I have never found stewed tea, from an urn or congealed, rubbery scrambled eggs and packet ‘Mothers Pride’ bread, curling at the edges, particularly appetising.
This is an attractive hotel with good facilities in beautiful grounds and I feel that with just a little extra effort on behalf of the management and a little more consideration of the needs of guests, other than wedding parties, this could become a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in acres of parkland with superb spa, health and fitness facilities, the hotel is a well placed for Guildford, Woking and the M2550 comfortable en suite rooms with free multi channel TV, many with fine views. A traditional bar and restaurant and spacious lounge provide areas for relaxation. Substantial on site free parking and a choice of function rooms with Wi-Fi through out make the Manor an ideal for all events and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Manor House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manor House Hotel Guildford
- Manor House Hotel And Spa
- Manor Hotel Guildford
- Manor House Hotel & Spa Guildford, Surrey