My partner and I stayed at the Manor House Hotel this weekend, and as Guilfest and a number of other events were all occurring this weekend, rooms available in Guilford were rare and expensive. We booked Friday and Saturday night, and there were weddings on both days. We were given room 7, directly above the bar and reception and had an appalling night disturbed by shouting, swearing and aggressive behaviour outside from some 'guests' before they finally staggered home at 1.30/2.00am. 30 degree heat and no air conditioning or fans meant we couldn't even close the window on the racket. It is hotel policy to put non wedding guests at the front of the house so they are not disturbed by the noise from the function room. Having discovered there was another wedding on the Saturday, I expressed my concerns and we were offered another room overlooking the pool at the back of the hotel. Packed up and moved and not overly disturbed by the celebration, we looked forward to a better nights sleep. And then our neighbours returned to their rooms.......paper thin does not adequately describe the walls. Use your imagination as to what can be heard! I know a hotel cannot beheld responsible for the behaviour of its clientele but insulation would go a long way! Ok rant over..in summary, the majority of the staff were very helpful and empathetic, the breakfast buffet was very nice, readily replenished, the grounds are very pretty BUT this hotel is very tired, lacks any kind of vitality, needs massive investment and to be realistic about its room tariffs on busy weekends in its current state. A bit sad and sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in acres of parkland with superb spa, health and fitness facilities, the hotel is a well placed for Guildford, Woking and the M2550 comfortable en suite rooms with free multi channel TV, many with fine views. A traditional bar and restaurant and spacious lounge provide areas for relaxation. Substantial on site free parking and a choice of function rooms with Wi-Fi through out make the Manor an ideal for all events and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Manor House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manor House Hotel And Spa
- Manor House Hotel Guildford
- Manor Hotel Guildford
- Manor House Hotel & Spa Guildford, Surrey