Stayed 2 nights in order to attend a wedding at the hotel. I have to say that the hotel did a very good job with the organisation of the wedding and it was an extremely good day. However we arrived the day before and the service in the 'restaurant' was very poor. There were 4 waiting staff serving about 15 people. 2 of the staff did not seem to either speak nor understand English, which made it very difficult to order and none of the staff seemed to be trained. It felt as if they had taken 4 young men off the street that day and asked them to fill in! The food was ok bar food, not restaurant, but it took 2 hours to serve 2 courses (with only about 13 other customers!). Various other guests complained that they had to chase orders or go and find the waiter to ask where part of their meal etc was. Someone else staying at the hotel requested a sandwich for their toddler less than an hour before they started serving food. They had been told that this would be accommodated but apparently there was nobody in the kitchen to do this - was there no prep work for the meals they were serving and exactly how difficult is it to make a sandwich? At breakfast everything (including tea/coffee) was self service but it was still not efficient. I watched one of the waiters trying to clear a table for 2 and he did not appear to be able to work out how he was going to carry the cups, plates etc - it looked as if he has never done this before! Our room was extremely shabby - actually the whole hotel was in need of decorating with chips and scuffs everywhere (the bannister on the stairway was sticky and tacky!). The room we stayed in had the most badly tarnished taps, on both sink and bath, that I have ever seen - I cannot imagine how they could have got into that state. The worktop around the sink looked very dirty but was in fact bady stained with the veneer peeled off in some sections and the bath was chipped and shower curtain grubby. Again the room was in desperate need of decorating. It's been years since I 'slept' on a matress that had such a huge dip in the centre, which would suggest that it was in need of replacing. As I say, we did enjoy our stay because we were attending a wedding, although based on the service the night before we were extreemly concerned before the reception that the staff would pull it off - but the woman who organised and co-ordinated the event was very professional. It was such a shame, with a hotel in such a lovely setting, that the 'restaurant' staff were not properly trained and the hotel was shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in acres of parkland with superb spa, health and fitness facilities, the hotel is a well placed for Guildford, Woking and the M2550 comfortable en suite rooms with free multi channel TV, many with fine views. A traditional bar and restaurant and spacious lounge provide areas for relaxation. Substantial on site free parking and a choice of function rooms with Wi-Fi through out make the Manor an ideal for all events and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Manor House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manor House Hotel And Spa
- Manor House Hotel Guildford
- Manor Hotel Guildford
- Manor House Hotel & Spa Guildford, Surrey