“Value for money”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent value for a 2 night stay for 2 rooms - bargains are available! Food and service were excellent. Property could be subject to a flooded car park but all was well during our stay. Go there as Guildford has an excellent shopping centre - just ask our wives!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at Premier Inn Central as I had a night planned in town. It was a good rate be cause I had booked early. I was on my own but the staff were as expected helpful and friendly . they booked my taxi for me
The room was large clean and warm.if I could jave taken the bed home I would have. Will definately keep in mind when I have another night out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed here on 30th December 2013. I arrived 2 hours earlier than my check in time but was still allowed to take a room, on the second floor. The receptionist was very accommodating and knowledgeable (her name was Vicki/Nicky). I paid the £30 winter break price - the room was like brand new. Hot water aplenty, no noisy neighbours, plenty of towels, I was facing onto the A3 but couldn't hear it at all. I didn't eat in the restaurant (I don't know why people expect hotel restaurants for "buget hotels" to be michelin starred cuisine). It is right next to the motorway, so best for people who are travelling by car or those who aren't but are not making more than 1xreturn journey to the town centre. I would certainly stay here again for the price I paid and perhaps more.

Room Tip: Go on the second floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dublin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed in a number of Premier Inn's now in the past 12 months, and they seems to be fairly consistent in what you get. A large, clean room, tea/coffee, free parking, so-so restaurant attached, competitively priced rooms.

I stayed 3 times at the P.I. Guildford and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Its not central to Guildford though - a 20 minute walk to the centre of the town. I did stay in the Annex on one of my stays and wasn't mad about it - I was awoken by a banging door at the entrance every time someone came in,.

But overall for a business midweek stay, this hotel is recommended for its good rooms and travel links. A decent hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Due to a badly maintained lift, my wife and I were stuck on the top floor for 35 minutes without any means of raising the alrm as it was out of service.
Staff were not apologetic and was made to feel that I was in the wrong for causing a fuss. I would never, under any circumstances, stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony W
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Essex
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Receptionist friendly and efficient and the room was clean and spacious. No air conditioning or heating to speak of - or at least the thermostat on the wall didn't seem to work. The restaurant is OK, had to send the steak back and it still wasn't right second time but time was pushing on. Staff friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for. Its not near the middle of town so probably would only stay here for business.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I went here for a work lunch, the food was fine, nothing special. There were about 20 of us, they decided to squeeze us into a rather small area which was a little disappointing. Service was all right, although one of group's meal arrived about 5 minutes after everyone else's. Overall, the experience was good, but I wasn't massively impressed. I'm not dying to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business