“Good Value Stopover Hotel”

Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Sportspark, which is about 20 minutes drive after 9 am. We booked a triple room with breakfast at a very good rate, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable with coffee making facilities.

There was plenty of parking and really lovely helpful staff, who were extremely patient in giving directions and also suggested a very good Indian restaurant within walking distance of the hotel called the Red Rose. There is a pub next door which serves standard pub food and where we had breakfast the next morning which had a plentiful selection of cereals and pastries followed by a cooked to order hot breakfast which the hungry teenagers opted for full English and I ordered porridge which was good.

If you are looking for a stop over hotel which is good value for money this ticks the boxes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent value for money. We did have trouble with the heating in the room but overall it was an excellent stay. The breakfast on New Years Eve and New Years day was raw but I can excuse that because I am guessing their normal cook staff were probably away as the rest of the time it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent hotel & very quiet considering it's proximity to a main road. Great location for Guildford and the leisure centre. BUT don't eat at the VERY POOR restaurant attached (Table Table) - poor service and bland, tasteless food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DanW67
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent value for a 2 night stay for 2 rooms - bargains are available! Food and service were excellent. Property could be subject to a flooded car park but all was well during our stay. Go there as Guildford has an excellent shopping centre - just ask our wives!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at Premier Inn Central as I had a night planned in town. It was a good rate be cause I had booked early. I was on my own but the staff were as expected helpful and friendly . they booked my taxi for me
The room was large clean and warm.if I could jave taken the bed home I would have. Will definately keep in mind when I have another night out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed here on 30th December 2013. I arrived 2 hours earlier than my check in time but was still allowed to take a room, on the second floor. The receptionist was very accommodating and knowledgeable (her name was Vicki/Nicky). I paid the £30 winter break price - the room was like brand new. Hot water aplenty, no noisy neighbours, plenty of towels, I was facing onto the A3 but couldn't hear it at all. I didn't eat in the restaurant (I don't know why people expect hotel restaurants for "buget hotels" to be michelin starred cuisine). It is right next to the motorway, so best for people who are travelling by car or those who aren't but are not making more than 1xreturn journey to the town centre. I would certainly stay here again for the price I paid and perhaps more.

Room Tip: Go on the second floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed in a number of Premier Inn's now in the past 12 months, and they seems to be fairly consistent in what you get. A large, clean room, tea/coffee, free parking, so-so restaurant attached, competitively priced rooms.

I stayed 3 times at the P.I. Guildford and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Its not central to Guildford though - a 20 minute walk to the centre of the town. I did stay in the Annex on one of my stays and wasn't mad about it - I was awoken by a banging door at the entrance every time someone came in,.

But overall for a business midweek stay, this hotel is recommended for its good rooms and travel links. A decent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business