“Recomend”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Room was clean, beds were comfortable and a good night sleep was had. Evening meal was good as was breakfast however breakfast although self service they were slow to replenish some items. But would recomend staying there

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Could not fault our stay. Room was very clean and we had a great nights sleep. Receptionist and staff were great, nothing was a problem. Breakfast was very good value for money, better than some 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Not very impressed with my stay and don't consider this to be good value for money. I paid £110 per night (not including breakfast)- not really a 'budget hotel' price tag. Given the cost, I was expecting better.

My room was o.k (quite big), but could use some redecorating (black scuff marks on skirting board, etc). The bathroom in my room would definitely benefit from some renovation. Unfortunately, there was no phone in the room and no alarm clock, so had to rely on my mobile. One thing I would say, though , is the bed was very comfortable.

Unfortunately, I had very little sleep on the first night, due to excessive noise from the room above. When I mentioned this at the reception the next day I was simply told that the reception is manned all night and i should have let them know at the time. Given that there was no phone in the bedroom, this would have meant walking downstairs in the middle of the night in my nightclothes to reception to let them know of the noise problems - even if I had been aware that reception was open all night (which I wasn't, as the receptionist did not mention this when I checked in). Not too sure what the 'good night' guarantee was about. No-one mentioned this to me when I commented on the poor nights sleep - nor was I offered any refund. Not sure, therefore, if this is just a meaningless sales gimmick.

I was very disappointed overall with the stay at the Premier Inn, as I felt I had been charged for a very different experience

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here as a stop over for my daughter's audition at the University. Short taxi ride from the train station and again to the University. It seemed walkable to the centre of Guildford and the train station etc on the map but is actually a bit out of the centre and without a car you would probably need to rely on public transport.The manager was very friendly and helpful- we had a small issue with the room so he found us in the Beefeater next door to inform us that he had sorted the problem, moved us to a different room and moved all our luggage whilst we were enjoying our meal. Couldn't have been more helpful. The meal was excellent next door at a reasonable price and once again friendly helpful staff. Not the most immaculate Premier Inn I've stayed at in terms of decor etc but did the job well as always- I shall be returning this weekend for her recall audition and am looking forward to it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very efficient and friendly check in. Room and bathroom was very clean. Even though the road is close by there was no noise to disturb sleep. Although we did not eat in the Beefeater we did check it out and would have eaten there but we already had a dinner reservation elsewhere. Recommended and will definitely use again whenever we are in this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was a great stay, comfortable beds like always. Great staff, clean rooms. Shower gel / shampoo provided as well as hand soap! great options for wifi!

Word of advice, if you want to eat in the restaurant and not your room, make sure you reserve a table!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christina G
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This Premier Inn is on a busy road so I was surprised that my room was as quiet as it was. The road is very busy over peak commuting times, but isn't too bad at other times. My room was clean, the temperature was perfect, and the bed was very comfortable. I liked the fact that there were four pillows available even though I was staying on my own, and I was impressed by the friendliness of the reception staff. I wasn't impressed with the Beefeater next door though - one of the waiters was really really lovely, but others less so. We had to wait ages for a table on our first night, and met the wrath of a waitress in the morning when we used the wrong door to arrive for breakfast! The evening meals were nice but breakfast wasn't brilliant. I also find it incredible that you have to pay for a continental breakfast buffet even if you literally just want a bowl of cereal. That's Premier Inn though! Definitely a good choice - these are not luxury hotels but you know you'll get a good standard of quality in a Premier Inn, and that's nice if you're on the road a lot :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business