“No Hot Water”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Yorkshire
“No Hot Water”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at the PI because the Holiday Inn was full and I was considering opening a business account. Usual PI generally ok but food at Beefeater next door pretty poor. In the morning when I went for a shower there was no hot water so had a cold shower. When I went down for breakfast there was a queue at reception so i waited until checkout to complain. Couldn't give a stuff!
So we probably won't know open a business account and I'll go back to Holiday inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just returned from another stay here. As ever, staff very friendly and helpful. They make this my choice for a budget hotel. Only drawback is the lack of vertical sound insulation. A heavy-footed guest above can fray the nerves a little at times. Top floor rooms definitely the best. Will be back again in a few weeks.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I often stay at Premier Inns around the UK for business as you generally know what to expect and the basic standard is good. Unfortunately, this one is on a very noisy main road which leads to the M25!! It is also a very old Premier Inn and would benefit from re-furbishment to match the standards of the new ones. I was there on business and didn't sleep in spite of having a room at the back. The staff as ever were very helpful and good but they can do nothing about the location. With really good double glazing, they could minimize the traffic noise which would help. Added to this, I had a real problem with the shower which was almost impossible to get to a safe temperature and had a problem with the pressure so that the water came on and off almost like a heartbeat in regularity. I normally only shower, but I had to give up and have a bath instead. The sink also had a water pressure problem in that it was quite hard to get cold water. I did report the problem and apparently maintenance looked at it while I was at work but it made no difference. I was told there was a boiler problem! Towels were very threadbare but the bed - a new mattress apparently - was very comfortable, so at least I lay awake in comfort! But.... I'm afraid I wouldn't choose to stay there again for the moment - mainly because of the traffic noise. Having said that, I was told that in a few weeks, there will be some 'new rooms'. And I was offered a refund on the 'good night' guarantee without even asking for it which I felt was good customer service. Admittedly, I would rather have had 2 good nights of sleep!!

Room Tip: It is apparently quieter at the back of the hotel, but I still found it noisy!
Bristol Uk
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Typically good PI. Fairly modern and in good ring road location, but not town centre. Lots of parking.

Beefeater attached restaurant OK, enthusiastic restsurant team but slow and mistake prone service. (Beefeater rarely seem to get it right, look for TableTable

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for Two nights with my husband , while attending a friend's Wedding. Very helpful and friendly staff. Very comfortable stay and the breakfast was good too and served at Beefeater next door....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

put our rooms in different buildings, after I complained they managed to put us in same building but on different floors but I wasn't happy as it was my teenage kids in that room. the beds were very high off floor my feet didn't touch the ground! lots of noise late at night with guests banging doors and shouting even though on the doors to the corridors it says quiet zone please be aware of this.couldnt log onto wifiand they only put 1 towel between 2 of us in room we didn't realise until morning when showering. breakfast at beefeater next door was nasty and staff in general didn't seem to care. its ok for a night but it doesn't deliver its promise of good nights sleep

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Westcliff-on-sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Decent enough premier inn but spoiled by little evidence of soundproofing in ceiling, hence title of review. Also limited menu in attached Beefeater and some distance from Town Centre........................................

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple