“Thanks :-)”
Review of Asperion

Asperion
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is a lovely hotel. The rooms are clean, tidy and they have everything that you might need. If you are searching for good value, quality and lovely staff, Asperion is the place that you should really take into consideration.

As always, staff in a hotel makes the difference when one is travelling. I have to say that I had some issues with my flight (got cancelled) and it was very heartwarming to see how much care and help I had received from the staff until issue got fixed.

If I come back to Guildford I will choose Asperion for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Asperion during your recent summer break in Guildford, and for taking the time to post your review on this web site.
I am delighted that you experienced a warm and friendly welcome and that you appreciated our help after your flight was cancelled. I am also pleased to see that you made the most of your weekend in Guildford, despite the fact that your arrival was delayed.
You have been a lovely guest and I truly enjoyed our conversations.
We all look forward to welcoming you back at Asperion very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting a local festival and what a find this was. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. We had a deluxe room which was clean modern and comfortable. Lovely bathroom/wet room fluffy big towels and the room in general was very well equipped. The breakfast was fantastic too. There was nothing not to like here and if I come to Guildford again I would not be looking for another hotel this is the one I would book without hesitation. Location was great too within 10 minutes walk of town centre. Usually with hotels you can find some minor gripes but I really couldn't find any here. A lovely place to stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the excellent feedback. Your comments serve as a great boost to our motivation and they make me feel extremely proud of my team.

At Asperion we are passionate about hospitality and committed to provide the guests with the best possible service. We are delighted to hear that you felt welcomed in a friendly environment, and that you loved your spacious and comfortable room. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and that you found our location convenient, within few minutes walk of Guildford town centre.

It's great for us to read that, should you come to Guildford again, you would not be staying anywhere else. You will always be most welcomed and we cannot wait to meet you at Asperion on the occasion of your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and used the train to visit Hampton Court Flower Show and other attractions nearby. The Asperion was very convenient, if you don't mind walking back up the hill! (You could always get a taxi)
The room was ideal, clean, modern and comfortable with lovely big towels. The staff were helpful and friendly and breakfast was delicious. We found lots of good eating places in Guildford and the hill helped with the digestion I'm sure

Room Tip: We had a room at the back in what appears to be a new block - quite basic, but quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you found your room quiet, comfortable, clean and well appointed, and our location convenient. Thank you for your lovely comments about the friendliness of our staff and about our delicious breakfast, too!

I hope you enjoyed Hampton Court Flower Show and we look forward to welcoming you back next year, if not earlier.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the Asperion for just one night whilst visiting Guildford. The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. My room was very clean and contained everything I needed including tea making, fridge, hairdryer and trouser press. Shower was gorgeous with beautiful fluffy large white towels. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet with fruit juices, cereal and yogurts and a lovely English breakfast made from locally sources and organic products.

The hotel is in a good position not far from the town centre/railway station and has a good sizes car park for residents.

Really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on this web site. Your excellent feedback is truly appreciated and it serves as a great motivator to all of us. It also makes me really proud of my team!

I am delighted to see that you found our location convenient and that you thought our rooms offer all the facilities you expected. Special thanks for your lovely comments about the staff and about our delicious breakfast. We all work with passion and dedication, and we are committed to go the extra mile to meet our guests' needs. Offering high quality service in a friendly and homely environment is our priority. We are absolutely delighted that you appreciated this.

We sincerely hope that you will come and stay at Asperion on the occasion of your next visit to Guildford.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had to stay overnight before a family funeral. The staff were pleasant and courteous. Room comfortable with good amenities and clean. Just the thing for a one or two night stay but quite spartan (by design I think). We asked a member of staff where we could eat early evening locally, as we had driven a long way, and were told to go into Guildford and look around as there were plenty of places. That was a bit disappointing as we were hoping for a couple of referrals. I would stay again if for one night as it is good value. Breakfast was very good!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Asperion and to post your review.

We are delighted that you found the staff courteous and your room clean and comfortable. We are also thrilled that you loved our delicious breakfast in the morning.

I am sorry to hear that the information you have been given regarding local restaurants was not satisfactory. We usually provide our guests with a comprehensive list of local venues and places to eat, in line with their preferences. I spoke to the staff who gave you recommendations and I can assure they have taken your comments on board. We also offer evening meals from Monday to Thursday and we would be delighted, should you come and stay on another occasion, if you decided to dine with us.

Thank you again for your precious feedback. I sincerely hope to welcome you back at Asperion in the future, whenever you happen to travel to Guildford.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Perfect hotel for a businessman - everything needed for work, rest, sleep and food is there.
No investments in art, decorations, and gardens help to keep customers bill low.
Comfortable superior double room, albeit small, cleanliness and functioning perfect.

Room Tip: Room with view to the Cathedral was fine for a holiday maker.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Surrey and for taking the time to post your review.

Asperion, as you pointed out, is indeed the perfect hotel for business guests, with comfortable, clean and well appointed rooms, all featuring the same facilities (wi-fi, flat screen TV, telephone, fridge, safe, power shower). Our enviable position makes the hotel convenient for holidaymakers too. London is within commuting distance, while the Surrey countryside and its numerous attractions are just round the corner. Guildford town centre is within walking distance as well as the train station. Gatwick and Heathrow airports are easily reachable either by train/bus or by taxi, in about 40 minutes.

We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant holiday in Surrey and we truly hope you will come and stay with us on the occasion of your next visit to the UK.

Thanks again for your feedback and for being such lovely guests.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 June 2013

First two nights in the hotel were great - very friendly staff, good quality and tasty breakfast and the room albeit a wee bit small was comfortable. Although a leisure stay I would be happy staying here for business as all the necessaries are here without any annoying extra charges (wifi etc). Fridge and hairdryer also useful. However what dropped it from five stars was the annoying guests who decided that stamping on their floor and shouting at each other at 4am in the morning is acceptable behaviour - my advice get an upper room if staying in the older building as the sound proofing is not good. My only other gripe is a minor one in that having only one bedside lamp was a pain if one of us wanted to sleep and the other read, plus is was not a good reading light and the sink didn't hold water.

Room Tip: If in the old part ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Asperion and post your review on this web site.

We are delighted that you found our staff friendly and your room comfortable and with all the facilities you expected. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast.

We are sorry to hear that your night was disrupted by noises from the room above. There is a live-in staff member at Asperion who is always available to address these issues, to make sure that every guest enjoys a good night sleep.

We truly hope to welcome you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area, either for leisure or business purposes.

Kindest Regards