“A worthwhile way to increase your knowledge of wine”
Review of Surrey Wine School

Surrey Wine School
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Tasting for everyone! Fun, informal and informative Wine Tastings and Courses in Guildford and Surrey. Private (birthdays, hen nights etc) and business groups (client entertainment, team building etc).
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was a good course, Jeremy who runs the Surrey wine school has a passion for his subject. He is a natural instructor, the evenings were a lot of fun and I thought the course good value for money.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Jeremy Blood knows how to infect you with his enthusiasm for wine. In two short hours, my wife and I learned more about the wines of the Rhone than we had ever acquired from numerous visits to the region. We not only learned about the wines themselves, but also gained an insight into the complicated system of appellation that distinguishes their quality. He doesn't sell you wine, which gives you confidence about the independence of his advice. The prices of his recommended wines were surprisingly varied.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I'm a beer drinker at heart but I bought my wife an 8-week wine school course for Christmas and decided to join her. It's a great introductory course for those looking to learn the basics but also a great way of learning more about each particular region in the top wine growing countries around the world.

The format is great and you really get to grips with what foods work well with what grape varieties. I have to say my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time there every Thursday night and have recommended the wine school to numerous friends and family members and are already signed up to do some more ourselves.

Jeremy is a great character and has you completely on the edge of your seat the whole night listening to the wonders of the world of wine. The bit I loved most was selecting 'Wine of the Night', where you get to vote on the wine you most enjoyed during the evening.

Great value for money and a great night out. Definitely recommend this for couples and singletons young and old.

1  Thank Rhys O
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had a brilliant evening comparing British and French versions of various wines and cheeses.
Jeremy clearly knows a lot about wine, but was able to explain and engage me (a complete novice) without making me feel like I was out of place.
Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I attended the Surrey Wine School Alsace and English Wine course as well as the Champagne and Sparkling one and both were excellent. Jeremy gets the right balance of being hugely knowledgeable and also engaging. The wines were superb and we learnt a lot about what to look for when buying them. Highly recommend.