Lockhurst Hatch Farm
Hotels.com
US$176
US$171
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Guildford(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
US$73
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bperfect weekendshepard's hutoutdoor shower is greatstayed longerbed was very comfortableon arrivalgilldeeraccommodationwoodlandcountrysideretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We had a lovely week long stay here June 2009. We stayed in the new self catering lodge in the woods. The owners were available for any questions and greeted us with a lovely cake! They were also very friendly. I had a bit of trouble adjusting to the bed (which coming from America, I found to be a bit on the small side). The couch in the living area also a wee bit small and didn't pull out into a bed. Apart from that (and no internet access) we loved it and would return here. I would say perfect for 2 people with a car looking for peace and quiet in the English countryside. I recommend a walk to St. Martha's, Newlands corner, The White horse in Shere, a trip to Dorking for the Antiques among others.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2009

- astonishingly so for somewhere so close to London, the M25 & so on. (It's not significantly overflown by Heatrhrow or Gatwick traffic either.) Five Pines makes an excellent self-catering alternative for business people visiting this part of Surrey but wanting a break from commercial hotels, as well as being the peaceful holiday base others have described here.

The only grumble was the rustling racket which browsing deer make in the early mornings.....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2009

If you like tranquilty in a beautiful countryside then this is the place for you! We stayed in 'Five Pines' the self catering wooden log cabin. It was clean, and very well equipped, most places i've stayed i've had to buy washing up liquid, cloths, handwash and had to bring my own towels, but not here! It had absolutely EVERYTHING there, including washing liquid for the washer dryer (there's a clothes line outside too). The cabin looks like it is new and I could smell the smell of new fresh wood - wonderful! The shower was great, it's a walk in type with ample space and a heated rail for towels etc..The bed was comfy and I had a great 2 nights sleep. It has a table and chairs outside and I enjoyed waking up making a coffee and sitting outside breathing in the fresh morning air surrounded by woodland and trees with the sun shining through them - you can't beat that feeling! The hosts are lovely people too, Gill showed us to the cabin and told us how to work everything, and Peter was really helpful in recommending places to get a new tyre (we had a blow out going 70 on the motorway on the way, Lucky to be alive!!) and even phoned around for us which we thought was very kind. I would have to say the log cabin might not be any good for the infirm or disabled as you have to walk a little way (only about 80 meters) up a track through a bit of woodland to the cabin (hey, it's worth the walk!) although it is a gentle slope up. My only gripe is I wish the settee had been a little big bigger (it's just a 2 seater) and I like to lounge out a bit, and also I think the bedroom could do with a mirror of some sorts, it only has one and it's in in the bathroom and it was a nightmare using my hair straightners without a mirror! (obviously there's no plug socket in the bathroom). These really are only minor gripes, honestly, as the good far outweighed the 'bad' by far. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone.. especially those who would like a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My girlfriend and I had a lovely stay at Lockhurst Hatch Farm last summer (unfortunately for only one night, before the return from summer holidays).
The location is breathtaking, if you like the British countryside.
We booked the B&B room: a comfortable and clean room ensuite, with many facilities (LCD tv, internet wireless, hairdryer...).
The breakfast was great (cooked breakfast, of course) and furthermore, the hosts were very nice and thoughtful.
Beautiful villages and unforgettable pubs in the surroundings.
We'll certainly come back to Lockhurst Hatch Farm during our next English trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed for the weekend, just my husband and I, and enjoyed the surrounding area as well as the accommodations. The chalet was spacious and comfy with nice new appliances and lovely kitchen and bathroom. The bedroom was nice and cozy with a lovely view from each window. The living area was perfect for watching movies and sipping hot cocoa as we did. The surrounding area was beautiful with lots of places to walk and a trip to Guildford was perfect and easy to do for a day of shopping. I would definitely recommend the self-catering chalet to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple