“Fairly good service but a little overpriced”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #45 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$27 - US$41
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Description: After slurping on our noodles, take advantage of sites nearby like guildford castle, yvonne arnaud theatre, spectrum leisure centre, university of surrey and friary shopping centre. We've just reopened a a mini make-over, come down and check us out! We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really want to like Wagamama. I like the idea of big communal tables, interesting food and quick service. I also like the fact that they give you the option to filter dishes by allergy type on their website.

However, I don't think they quite live up to their initial promise. We had problems with incorrect allergy information (despite enquiring both in advance and talking to staff on the day) and ended up ordering a dish which contained ingredients that one of us was allergic to - fortunately it's not a life & death allergy but does cause an upset stomach and so isn't pleasant. The implications could be potentially serious though - if Wagamama are going to attempt to make allergy information available then it needs to be accurate.

The food is also overpriced - I had a chicken and rice dish which set me back £12/13 but only contained less than hald a small chicken breast, by my reckoning - it should be more like £6-7, especially given the communal tables and quick service (though they were a little slow when we visited and seemed short-staffed). It's more like fast food.

I do want to like Wagamama and will probably give it a another try but I feel like they're just short of being great, if only they fixed a couple of simple things.

There are newer reviews for Wagamama

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice place but a bit expensive. Uncomfortable seats but part of the experience. People seem to really like the place.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Why do people like this place? Our old school dining had better service/food.
at this restaurant you have to queue to put squeezed onto a table that is still wet from the last person who sat there. had the noodles - could have been any flavour as they do not know when to stop adding chillies - So in the end you buy a bowl of chicken stock, noodles, a couple of cubes of chicken, 1/2 a spring onion and a chilli - costs about 50p and then you have to sit there whilst every waiting as they seem to deliver the food one by one and not per party.

As I say "Kings Clothes" someone said it was good and all the Lemmings follow blindly on.

2  Thank WorldWideWebbs
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Guildford and were spoilt for choice. Wagamama had a continuous queue but we were seated just after half one and seemed like the perfect time. Only queued for 5 mins and were seated next to kitchen. We were initially put off by the benches and sheer amount of people but really added to atmosphere! Started to slow down after half 1 so didnt feel squashed in. Everything looks yummy! We had pork and duck dumplings while we decided on mains which I did by looking at what was being served and then talking to the staff who are really helpful. I had the pad thai noodles and I have to say the prawns and chicken were the least interesting thing about it,every mouthful tasted different! The plum sauce with the duck dumplings tasted home made,it was delicious!! Reasonably priced and we didnt feel rushed. Would go again definitely.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great noodles!
in great enviroment with very good service in a great location at the center of guildford!