“Very lovely B&B”
Review of Strathire

Strathire
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haslemere
Strathire
Ranked #7 of 7 Haslemere B&B and Inns
Cologne, Germany
“Very lovely B&B”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I spent one night at Strathire B&B and had a lovely and quiet stay with Joyce and Malcom Harris. They are very friendy and helpful and the breakfast was delicious.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Koelle144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 2 March 2011

It is not easy to book a place to stay from literally the other side of the world. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor. My partner was staying in Haslemere on business and let me choose where to stay. It was a daunting task to say the least. I am very relieved to say, after looking at the places I didn't choose while I was there, (which looked tired and run down) that I chose the right place for us.
Strathire is centrally located to the village and easy to find by car and on foot. I walked to the train station one day and caught the train to London and back. It was so easy.
The house itself (to a New Zealander) looks like it came straight out of a historical novel. I found it simply breathtaking and enjoyed coming home to it each day. Strathire was at full capacity when we arrived so we were located on the top floor where we had to share a bathroom, later in the week once guests had left - we came home one day to find we have been upgraded to a room with a bathroom much to my delight. The two rooms we had were both clean, tidy and well appointed.
The cooked breakfasts fill you up for the day and Joyce and Malcom are helpful hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I had a rental car for the week and lots of time to myself so Joyce gave me many tips and good advice on where to go, what sights to see and where was good to eat. In fact we went to many of the places that she recommended for dinner and we would never have found them without her.
Each day they greeted us with a big smile, as many brochures as we could carry and kind words.
Frankly, after staying there for a week, I didn't want to leave and offered for them to adopt me. (I still have my fingers crossed on that one)
If we are ever back in Haslemere, we would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Sally-ann M
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Payed to much to stay over a weekend,also not sure if bed sheets had been changed prior to me using the bed.
Bedrooms dated but the rest of house very nice

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wilko50
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed 2 nights in Strathire. Clean bed and clean bathroom. Spacious room. The breakfast was good. Friendly owners. Reasonable price. All in all, excellant value. This is a highly recommended place.

Do visit "the White Horse" for their 12oz rib-eye steak, it was super,

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This was a lovely house (B&B) in beautiful countryside. The owners could have not been more friendly or helpful. It was a very nice atmosphere with repeat customers also friendly and nice. The room I had was comfortable although slightly dated. Breakfast was more than should be eaten on a daily basis. It could see you through the whole day. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank bcarr1
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Ideal location in beautiful Haslemere, Surrey, England. Close to train station, on bus route to other interesting old towns such as Guildford and Midhurst and a short walk to Haslemere High Street. A large, old and well loved home - an authentic English Bed and Breakfast experience with genuine accomodating hosts. A relaxing night's sleep in comfortable, pretty rooms and a full English breakfast in cosy, antique filled surroundings. Personable service by hosts who clearly love what they do.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank JaneGee
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I was in Haslemere for a wedding and found this to be the cheapest B&B in the area at reasonably short notice.

The owners, Mr and Mrs Harris, were super-friendly and really nice to talk to. It was perfect for my needs but would also recommend it for a quiet break from the city - very peaceful. I had a double room, it was very spacious and clean and in a traditional homely kind of style. (I'm not really an expert on interiors so hope that's accurate but it was very nice regardless!)

The breakfast was great too - a full English fried number, although there were cereals etc available too.

Many thanks for your hospitality, would recommend!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank EdinburghVampire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 7 in Haslemere
The Station House
The Station House
#2 of 7 in Haslemere

Been to Strathire? Share your experiences!