Strathire
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Haslemere
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and I shared a twin bedded room for two weeks while attending wedding ceremonies for my grandson and his Indian bride-to-be. Although events were held in various other UK towns we choose to return each night to our own comfortable bedroom. The separate bathroom currently being remodeled is usually a share but was reserved for our exclusive use. A nice touch for seniors on the move. Our host and hostess also accommodated us on our breakfast choice. Not being used to a full English breakfast they made certain we had fruit, yogurt, coffee and toast.
The walk to the village for other meals and the near-by train station was an added exercise bonus. We would not hesitate to visit Strathire again. It was an enjoyable experience and we will not soon forget Malcolm and Joyce, the Host and Hostess, and owners of Strathire. Thank you for your gracious hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here recently in a twin room as I was attending an event close by. The room was £90 and for this the bathroom was down the hall and not ensuite, the bedding had mildew marks on it and pillows very flat and old and the breakfast was poor, not ready at the agreed time and cold. The bathroom had quite a bit of dust. The decor is very dated and there is clutter in every room. The couple who run the place whilst well meaning would not leave us alone and wanted to know every detail about what we were doing.

Room Tip: Ask for ensuite,don't assume you will get one!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fliss418
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed with Malcolm and Joyce for a couple of nights last week (May 2013) and it was a lovely experience. They are very welcoming and hospitable, highly recommended if you need a place to stay !! Even though i had to leave early in morning, they made me a great breakfast roll to take with me on my travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed with Joyce and Malcolm only for 2 nights in March 2013 but I was very impressed with the Accommodation and of course with Joyce and Malcolm who really made me feel at home. I enjoyed the little talks we had during Breakfast, Even though the weather could have been better (it snowed) I was still able to go for little walks that Malcolm had advised me of.
Joyce, Malcolm thank you both for a lovely stay

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Having just arrived in England the previous day, we travelled to Haslemere to experience a bit of the English countryside. Found Strathire by mere chance on the web and stayed one night with my children, over the weekend, and had a delightful and peaceful time. What a stroke of luck! Joyce and Malcolm Harris are warm and welcoming hosts. Very helpful in guiding us to the sites and walks. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family