“Great food great friendly atmosphere and people” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Wheatsheaf Inn
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Haslemere
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food is available 12-2 and 7-9.30 every day. It is served in our comfortable, cosy bar (with fireplace) or more formal restaurant and conservatory, seating up to 45. An extensive menu ranging from traditional pub grub to fine dining with a 'specials board' which changes regularly. All food is freshly cooked to order, using local produce, prepared by our award winning chefs. Special dietary requirements and allergies can be catered for on request. Our wine list has a selection of new and old world wines and includes a choice of house wines available by the glass. Set menus are available for large groups.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food great friendly atmosphere and people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

6 of us came here for New Years Eve and stayed for 2 nights. Had great fun and the staff very accommodating . All the food including breakfast was served fresh and hot and they met all our dietary needs. The rooms were clean and very adequate. All in all a very nice place to be with friends. Thank you to Ken and Di for a great stay.

• Visited December 2013
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you tracy p for your great review , we are always over the moon when we have pleased people and they show their appreciation as you have done , we were happy to host your New Year's Eve and look forward to seeing you all again , have a very happy new year . Di and Ken

Cowes, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food but first impressions bad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I ate here whilst staying at Lythe Hill Hotel. The food was very good but as we approached the building all you can see are cigarette butts covering the pavement. Inside was very noisy but this is better than silence. Would recommend for the food.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Colin M
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello colin , may I first thank you for your review , good or bad we need these to tell us what we are doing right and wrong , obviously we were not on the ball that night , I presume it was a night visit , we don't attract many smokers and ours are mostly very good at using the ashtrays , I wonder was the night you came when we had a 21st birthday party in our conservatory , because there were many people smoking outside that night , no excuse I know ,but I will step up butt patrols , in a positive note I am so very happy you enjoyed our food offering , if you come again please identify yourself and I will buy you a drink in recompense . Cheers ken
Wellington, New Zealand
“Friendly Helpful Family Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

In 1972 my wife and I celebrated our wedding with a reception at the Wheatsheaf. The following year we emigrated to New Zealand.
This year we decided to return and celebrate my 70th birthday with as many of our UK family and friends as possible and contacted the current owner of the inn, Ken to see if that was possible on Sunday, Sept. 1st. A phone call from New Zealand was all that was required and when we gathered on that warm, sunny day all was prepared. Ken, Di, chef Adam and Simon put on a fabulous Sunday lunch catering for all tastes (even gluten-free and Vegan!) They just quietly got on with it and by the time we left we felt they were part of the family too.
We visited many pubs and restaurants during our 6 weeks holiday around Britain and we can honestly say that the Wheatsheaf Inn was up with the best of them and better than many that were more expensive. Thanks again team for making our day.

• Visited September 2013
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review . The team Diane and myself are always encouraged when our efforts are so appreciated . I was made to feel,part of the family and that was great . I enjoyed taking the photos and generally having a good time with you all . Please come and visit again soon ,Diane ken and our great team x
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for freshly cooked in a warm and welcoming local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Where can you go these days to get fresh, home cooked produce at such reasonable prices? We haven't been to the Wheatsheaf in a long but we were really warmly welcomed and enjoyed a lovely home cooked meal with fresh vegetables. Most mains were between £9-£12 and the special of the day was £6.95 which we didn't have but looked amazing. This is not a modern gastro pub but a local, warm welcoming pub. We'd highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Sophie thank you so much for your great review ,it's nice to know that work and effort that the team puts in is recognised , hope to see you again soon ken and the team
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Attractive pub but overall disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

A friend took us to the Wheatsheaf after checking out various reviews. The place was attractive and we were warmly welcomed but the food and service was disappointing. My mains order was incorrect and the waiter brought us the wrong puddings. Mine was promptly changed but it cast a cloud over what should have been a celebratory meal.
I didn't see the bill but our friend thought it was expensive for what we'd had.
The result of all this is that we are to be taken out again as compensation!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnpatweybridge
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear john and pat , I was sorry to hear that you had not enjoyed your visit to the wheatsheaf , we always aim to deliver a good service and it appears we were found wanting on this occasion , I'm disappointed that we failed to give you the service that you would find acceptable . I would be very happy to host you again and make amends , maybe a drink on the house or a discount on a meal,. If you decide to allow us to try again I would be most happy . Once again very sorry .
Very best regards ken