“consistently good”

The Wheatsheaf Inn
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Haslemere
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food is available 12-2 and 7-9.30 every day. It is served in our comfortable, cosy bar (with fireplace) or more formal restaurant and conservatory, seating up to 45. An extensive menu ranging from traditional pub grub to fine dining with a 'specials board' which changes regularly. All food is freshly cooked to order, using local produce, prepared by our award winning chefs. Special dietary requirements and allergies can be catered for on request. Our wine list has a selection of new and old world wines and includes a choice of house wines available by the glass. Set menus are available for large groups.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

busy pub and restaurant which always serves up great food effciently, cheerful staff and well deserving of the "full house" which they had today.

1  Thank laketravellersSurrey
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear lake traveller , thank you so much for a wonderful review , Mothering Sunday was a very good day for us and I'm pleased that although busy we kept our standards up enough for you to comment very nicely upon our consistency , which is what we aim for , once again thank from all at the wheatsheaf . Best regards ken

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Service was nce, we were served by what appeared to be a husband and wife partnership. Nice little pub with quite a few regulars/locals. Food was good but didn't blow my mind. Mostly home made which was nice.

Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Lorla55 thank you for your kind review it's much appreciated that you took time to do this . Maybe we can blow your mind next time . Cheers ken

Reviewed 23 March 2014

First class Sunday lunch. On the basis of previous good reviews, I chose this pub as a good place to meet my daughter and 3 year-old grandson. We were not disappointed as the service and the food were excellent.
By 12.30 the car park was full so I moved a cone to allow my daughter to park in a reserved space. I was initially told by staff that she couldn't park because that was the owner's space. Just then he arrived and allowed us to park in his space - in my view a very good move on his part as asking us to move the car would not have looked very good.
I was worried that there were no other children in the restaurant and most of the diners were elderly. However, this was not a problem and the staff were very accommodating. Good food, good value, good service so would recommend very highly.

1  Thank SVK789
Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear stuart kennedy , thank you very much for your excellent review , it really helps morale when our good food and service is recognised and kindly commented on , so many thanks and please come and see us soon . Cheers ken Diane and staff

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Taken me a year to get back to one of my favourite pubs located in the Surrey countryside. This visit called in for a Sunday Roast - warm friendly welcome from Ken the landlord and his staff.
Service very good, place was fairly busy but drinks and food arrived quickly....excellent roast and veg with very good portion of meat, Roast Pork for me and Beef for our friend. Wife happy with her veggie choice of a selection of vegetables and mashed potato.
Pudding choice of apple and rhubarb crumble was very good too.
Well worth a visit and nice to find somewhere other than one of the faceless chain pubs and one that is run the old fashioned way with a genuine welcome for the customer....

Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you our friend from kl . Good to see you again and glad you all enjoyed the food and ambience . See next time you jet in . Cheers ken

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The menu is extensive with a good offering of specials and a 'dish of the day' at a bargain price. The meal my wife and I had was well cooked, well presented and a generous size. A good selection of beer and wine on offer too. (As Ken, our host, has his own taxi this was not a problem for us getting home!).
We were pleased enough with the experience that we returned the following evening to sample further delights from the menu.

Kenm172, Owner at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Martin may I thank you for the great review ,ones like this make our Job even more worthwhile . We are always happy to see you and Jody and of course dad , thanks very much