We were very excited about returning to Lythe Hill having stayed there many years ago. The stay started on a sour note as all treatments were booked due to being short staffed. We emailed the main address and did receive a prompt call apologising. We had emailed the spa too asking to be placed on the reserve list and got squeezed in for a 30 minute flash facial (they could not offer massages that day) for my wife which was great. I had to miss out which as this is a spa hotel was really disappointing (and was the main reason for going there).
We did also have a problem with a blocked toilet and had to change rooms as their maintenance person was not onsite. The reception again were very prompt and dealt with it very professionally. The staff clearly want you to enjoy your stay and make every effort. Thankfully another room was available....
On the plus side, the spa facilities are excellent. Very clean and well maintained. Very surprised by so many toddlers in the pool area though. It wasn't a 'retreat' atmosphere. I have stayed at dozens of spas previously and they had the largest number of young children I've seen.
The restaurant is also excellent. The staff were very attentive, friendly and the set menu was fantastic. Well priced wines and the old room in the 15th century building has real atmosphere. Our pre dinner Bloody Mary was well made too. The meal made the stay for us and left us with very positive thoughts given the earlier issues.
We really enjoyed our first stay here but not so much this time. I try to err towards the positives in reviews and the meal was fantastic and all staff are very friendly but the lack of a treatment will be the thing we remember and doubtful we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey