“Simply the BEST!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Simply the BEST!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I feel I must write and share with everyone my recent enjoyable minibreak to the Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa. From the moment we pulled up in the car park, I felt that sense of relaxation hit me. At check in we were personally shown to one of the garden suites, which was just superb, and to my surprise my boyfriend had arranged for flowers, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries which were waiting our arrival and we spent the afternoon sipping champagne and enjoying the sunshine from our own private patio. Dinner that evening in the old room was amazing, the dishes carefully presented and looked far too beautiful to "tuck" into! Full marks to the team for their attentive service and truly showing us that they cared. A good nights sleep had, we arrived for breakfast and were greeted by the same staff as dinner the night before, they even remembered our name which made us feel important. An enjoyable breakfast with plenty of selection set us up for the rest of the day. After a morning of making use of the pool, steam room and sauna, I awaited my massage and was not disappointed, I felt relaxed and completely rejuvenated. This hotel has so much to offer everyone, beautiful accommodation, picturesque gardens and views, fantastic staff, exquisite food and fabulous spa facilities. We will be back Lythe Hill - Simply the best!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear MarieLouise72

Thank you so much for your feedback. The team and I are thrilled you had an amazing time with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Prayssac, France
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed there this weekend. One of the dirtiest rooms we have had the misfortune to book into! Room and breakfast area were old and need of updating. But the room was filthy. Dust, stains and really unclean bathroom. Pointed out the same and more, to the Operations Manager who agreed. Was promised a response from the GM but nothing forthcoming. Grounds were unkept with dirty ashtrays and plates outside our rooms. Four rooms booked for two nights....all complained but hotel were uninterested and oblivious to the lack of cleanliness. Also had a concern over 'dirty water' leaking out into the grounds from the kitchen area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NIcky522
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Nicky 522

I appreciate your right to place reviews on a website such as this.
My team and I are truly shocked that you have had such a "freak" experience at our hotel.
One would have hoped that considering your claimed that you were "hoteliers from France" a certain degree of industry courtesy would have been paid by you to our team. Instead I received a catalogue of comments about rudeness to staff throughout your stay.
Your comments relating to the room are largely farsical.
I note from my operations manager that you moved out of one room because you did not like it and simply could not stand to stay in the room and then persuaded your daughter to relocate INTO the room you had just vacated.
I am sure you will understand that when a client displays bizarre behaviour as such as this one must question if they are providing ANY rational feedback in any area.

My team and I wish you every luck in the future and indeed hope sincerely that your guests at your establishment are substantially more accurate and truthful than you were at ours.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here on thirty occasions during the last three months and were very impressed with the quality and service throughout our visits. The food and service was excellent both in the restaurant and room service. The staff were always cheerful and friendly and made us most welcome. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality, friendliness and first class service and would have no hesitation in staying at Lythe Hill in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Landjw

Many thanks for your review and for having stayed with us on numerous occasions.
Your feedback is so important for us and others to see that we retain our consistent high levels of service and we appreciate your kind words.

Till the next time.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Lythe Hill Hotel this weekend 27 and 28 April 2013. Such a beatutiful hotel, the rooms and surrounding areas are extremely clean. The food was excellent and the staff so polite.

Dear Pauline w

Thanks for your review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I booked 2 nights here to relax after running the marathon and both myself and my girlfriend had a wonderful time. The executive room we had been allocated (upgraded at no extra cost) was beautiful and the large four poster bed was very comfortable. The breakfasts were very good, and dinner was sumptuous! The spa was lovely and very relaxing, and we were fortunate enough to have lovely weather which meant we could make the most of the decking areas with its beautiful views. A special mention is reserved for the staff that were very hospitable and friendly with no request we made so much as an issue for them. I have been recommending Lythe Hill to fiends and family since i returned and will definitely stay there again!

Dear Sharky127

Many thanks for your kind words and feedback.
The team and I are thrilled you had such a great time with us and do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

surrey
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed while house hunting, a perfect place to come "home " to each evening. The room was huge and, beautifully furnished, lovely comfy bed. The food both at dinner and breakfast was fantastic.Lovely grounds, with free range rabbits and ducks enjoying the sun.
What makes this hotel truly special is the staff, nothing was too much trouble, and such a warm welcome each day made me feel very spoilt, they were genuinely interested in the guests and our comfort.
I would love to visit again

Room Tip: only saw mine, but a peep at others while being serviced showed they were all of the same high stan...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear katiebiks

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.
The team and I are thrilled you had such a fantastic stay with us and do hope you will come and treat yourselves again in the future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here the night before a cruise out of Southampton, when we were shown our Executive room we were so pleased .Large comfortable four poster bed, sitting area, bottled water. We had a look around the grounds, the view is beautiful with rabbits and ducks (which we fed). Our breakfast was in a conservatory with views of lake and grounds. The waiter was very attentive and the food plentiful with a good variety. We had full use of the spa and breakfast in our one night break. We were relaxed before setting of to Southampton to join our cruise. We look forward to another stay.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was sunny with great views, try to get an offer for an executive room wi...
Dear Irishblondie

Thank you so much for your comments.
We are thrilled you had a great stay and hope you had a fantastic cruise.
Do come and see us again.

Simon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
The Georgian Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,509 reviews
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!