“Emmafamilyhenfriends”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Emmafamilyhenfriends”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Lythe Hill is a delightful hotel, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who was looking for excellent service and a restful break. We loved the fact that we stayed in a small 'cottage' that had only three rooms, so it was quiet and peaceful. The room and bathrooms were spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed. Food was excellent all around; however the evening meal deserves a special mention- one of the best we have had in a long time for quality, taste and service. Thoroughly enjoyed the treatments we had at the spa, and relaxing poolside. My only request is please ensure that you have decaffeinated tea for your rooms available on request. You are not alone in this - the last three hotels (at least four or five star) I have stayed in in the last two months had the same difficulty, they could provide a pot of decaff- but were unable to let me have a decaff tea bag for the room! This is a minor niggle , but wothout it my weekend would have been perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joan F
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Emmafamilyhenfriends

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so pleased you had such a great time with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Decaff coffee sorted as discussed via Email !

Stay well

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Surrey
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting Lythe Hill once or twice a year for about 10 years now as a mini break without the kids. It's always been a really relaxing stay. Food in the restaurant is excellent and the pool/spa facilities are outstanding. Staff are always very charming. Recommended.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank friendsmithfamily
Dear friendsmithfamily

Thank you so much for your review.
We are thrilled you had another great time and look forward to seeing you again soon !

Pimlico
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

If I could write a list of all things I would ever want when staying away from home to treat my husband and I then Lythe Hill ticks everything on the list !
The arrival was warm and cheery. The Tudor suite we had requested was large, airy and comfortable. A welcome card personally hand written is a lovely touch. The spa treatments were divine (so much so we had more the next day). The food was out of this world served by polite, discreet staff. They even remembered our names at breakfast and chatted like we were old friends.
We felt very at home at this hotel. The warmth of the staff is incredible and they seem genuinely pleased to make sure you are comfortable and having a great time. We briefly met the manager at check out who was charming. He gave us his card and told us to contact him when we want to return. Needless to say we will do as told !
Shame we ever had to leave.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear BerylBaker

Thank you so much for your review.
I and the team are so happy you enjoyed your time with us.
It was indeed great to have met you briefly at departure stage and hope you contact me directly to personally take care of your next booking.

London
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in October. The staff were very professional and polite. The room was a fair size with the usual tea and coffee. The bathroom was also of a good size. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable.
The hotel itself is quite quirky as it is made up of several small buildings secreted in various areas of what looked like quite large grounds which again were very well maintained. My room was in the main building. The restaurant is in a building all on its own and consists of an old,original and very characteristic part, and a new extension. My concern is that if the weather was very bad you could end up getting soaked trying to get from one building to another and not a nice way to enjoy your evening meal. Having said that the food was absolutely delicious with first class and attentive staff. Breakfast the following morning was one of the best I have ever had(and I have more than my fair share of hotel breakfasts under my belt!) It quite simply couldn't be beaten and you want for nothing. Now for the not to impressed side! The hotel has a spa building which is at the end of its grounds. From a distance quite an impressive log style building. The steam room wasn't working, the sauna has a top bench which is broken at one end and looks quite lethal. There was a scrawled hand written note stuck to it which says that it is out of order but in this type of environment I would have expected it to either be completely removed, repaired immediately or close the sauna until it can be fixed. Someone entering with poor eyesight could easily lean on this and the lot would have given away. The poolside area was not as clean as it could or should have been and there were quite a few towels hanging up on the floor or just dumped on poolside beds. They quite obviousely didn't belong to anyone and should have been removed. Overall I was not impressed with the spa area and even though I was able to use the facilities on the day of my departure I chose not to! I made my reservation very early on(my choice) and paid top dollar but when talking to some other guests it would appear that if I had left it later i could have saved a third and had an evening meal included but that's just luck of the draw. Yes I would most definitely return but would look out for a deal before making a reservation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear chris-rosy

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so pleased you had such a great stay.
You have pointed out some valid areas in our spa that are now being worked upon.
Our new changing rooms and public areas refurbishment for the Spa has started this week and will continue for the next month. We do not anticipate too much disruption for our guests.
The sauna bench was broken very recently by a couple of residents "mucking around" ... The specially treated wood has been ordered and will be fitted early next week.
I am very sure that when you visit us next the Spa will present a very different experience to you.
Having said that I am thrilled that as you peruse the reviews so many reviewers already think our Spa facility is fantastic.

All the best

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for a short mid-week break. Friends of ours recommended the hotel as they had stayed previously.
From the moment we arrived the staff treated us like royalty.
Our room "Jane Seymour" was in the Tudor house. It has a quirky but quaint and cost feel and design. The view over the grounds is gorgeous.
We had a lovely nights sleep on both nights.
The spa was clean and the staff helpful and very smiley.
On our second night we dined in the restaurant and chose to treat ourselves to the Chateaubriand steak to share. It was without exception the most fantastic meal we have had in years. Having travelled all over the world visiting many hotels prior to my retirement i view myself as fairly discerning.
The restaurant at Lythe Hill is a magical experience. Rebecca and Callum are fantastic examples of amazing hospitality and are a credit to the venue.
We have already booked our return visit in February for our Golden Wedding Anniversary and can not wait to go back !

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Wearyretiree
Dear wearyretiree

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so pleased you enjoyed our Tudor House and the food in our restaurant.
Please do make sure you come and stay again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed with my partner and a couple of friends for a country weekend. Its a great place to stop near London and has lovely walks up the hill with great views. The hotel is a great mix of old and new and the restaurant has a lovely tutor section. The dinner we had was very good - a la carte and a good price for the quality of the food. Quality I'd expect in a London restaurant. Rooms are plush, nice and clean. We had a brand new room with its own garden. Lovely weekend would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank cw4826
Dear cw4826

Thank you so much for your review.
I can see that you must have stayed in Shottermill our newest room.
It is something we are very proud of and is truly unique with its own hidden garden.
Do come and treat yourselves again soon !

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We booked the hotel through spa breaks and had a very relaxing stay. We arrived at 3 and the room was not ready. However, they were very apologetic and gave us complimentary drinks. The spa was fine for the deal we were on. However, the sauna bench was broken and the poolside needed cleaning. Dinner was very nice and service was good. The room was lovely but you could hear the road. Just a small thing but there was a Hoover left in the corridor all night. A nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VickyandJoe
Dear VickyandJoe

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.
The sauna benching has been a slight inconvenience over the past week since being broken by a guest. I can assure you the wood has been ordered from Europe and is in the process of being treated and sent to us.
We hope to see you again.

Simon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
The Georgian Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,505 reviews
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!