“Beautiful hotel set in a peaceful arena of the most amazing scenery”

Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Efficient and clean hotel. Friendly staff and fantastic breakfast!
A just if you like us need a chilled and relaxing weekend it's just the perfect place.
We had some treatments in the spa and as a salon owner myself I felt they were very professional and the therapist was excellently trained .

Stayed: December 2013
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear 450MichaelP

Thank you for your review.
The team and I are thrilled you had a great time and especially enjoyed being pampered in the spa.

Do come again

There are newer reviews for Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 4 December 2013

One night, but wished we had been able to stay longer. Enjoyed a night stop
with five other couples. Very comfortable accommodation, the suite was perfect.
The evening meal was delicious and all the staff were extremely helpful in making
this a memorable evening with old friends. The location is stunning and we will
return as soon as we are able.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own charm.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank onwardtraveller17447

Dear onwardtraveller17

Thank you for your review.
The team and I are so pleased you had such a great time and hope you do indeed come and stay for longer next time you are here.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved our time at the lythe hill hotel. The grounds are stunning and there are some beautiful walks to be had. We loved our room. It was only a classic room which is 1 of the cheaper rooms but had a jacuzzi bath, a little lounge and a view over the lake (the room was called keats) as well as very cool retro chic decor. The service in the restaurant was 5 star... Both my husband and I I have never experienced such good service. The food was fantastic and they kept on bringing little mini meals in between courses. We loved the spa which also had beautiful views over the grounds. We will be recommending to our friends and family! Rowina and Tom Seidler

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rowina S

Dear Rowina S

Thank you so much for your review.
We are thrilled you had a great time and hope to see you again in 2014.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I booked my wife and I in for a weekend to celebrate her birthday. I had only booked it less than a week before. Tata took my booking and was very helpful, finding me a deal that was much cheaper than I was looking at. We took the Oct.Nov deal that gave us two nights B&B with dinner on one night for £238. The dinner was actually £30 each against the price of dinner from their A la carte menu. Whilst this may sound a lot, a quick look at the menu shows that it would only cover the cost of two courses (at best).
On arriving at the hotel we were met by ( I think) Tata, who booked us in and directed us to our room. The room, called Disraeli, whilst spacious was a little tired in places. The paint work had seen better days. The bed mattress was lumpy and I didn't get a full nights sleep as I found it uncomfortable.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night. This was what I would call an experience. Although the prices are, in my opinion, expensive (Total price £113 for three courses each plus one bottle of wine) the £60 allowance made it more palatable. However I am glad that we ate there. The food was delicious, there were some unexpected extras ( Beetroot sorbet for one) and the wine was really good. There is a lot of thought and preparation that goes into each course. On top of this the staff could not have been more helpful. Roman, Callum and another girl that I cannot remember were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The buffet breakfast on the Saturday was only let down by the fact that most of the food was, at best, luke warm, which is always a problem with a buffet breakfast where the food is kept under heat lamps. The fresh fruit salad and poached pears with natural yoghurt is to be recommended. There was also a good selection of cereals and juices. On the Sunday the food was warmer and we also ordered poached eggs which were cooked to perfection.
We used the Spa on the Saturday. The pool was cool but the steam room and sauna were good. They are in the process of updating the changing rooms but this did not detract from the overall experience. We did not try out the gym as we were there to do absolutely nothing, but I had a look in and it looks well equipped.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. I would, however like people to remember a couple of points:
1) The price of the food. If you can get a deal, it makes it much better.
2) The fact that 10% service charge is added to all food in the restaurant regardless if it is dinner, lunch or a snack. Even a latte at £3.00 becomes £3.30.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin M

Dear Colin M

Thank you so much for your review.
We are delighted you had a great time and those team members whom you mentioned are thrilled that they made such a fantastic impact on your stay.
The only comment I wish to make is with regards the service charge.... This is pretty much standard across the industry and will continue to be so .... I would mention that the actual cost of our coffee and hot drinks as you have mentioned tends to be lower than most other hotels of the same ilk.

Do come again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at this property on several business trip occasions and have never been let down with my stay, every aspect is beautifully thought out with the very best of service.
Disappointed to see Sshah123 was looking for a freebie and to take advantage of excellent service by actually abusing it, shamefully distasteful..
Dont be put off, this place is immaculate with the very best of service, great food and fantastic surroundings that are kept to high standards by the grounds & maintenance staff. Very welcoming arrival every time i stay, very comfy rooms and value for money.
Breakfast is fantastic with whatever you choose, cooked full english, smoked salmon and scrambled egg , ceareals and fruit its all fabulous and again with the very 'best' of service.
Will continue to stay at the Lythe for the reason of its fantastic consistent service and its 5 star facility.

Room Tip: Every room is quality i have stayed in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ksutt1212

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words.
The team appreciate you having taken the time to leave your comments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had to write this (first review I have done ever) as just spent a terrific overnight at this great hotel for my wifes birthday.
We checked in around 3pm and I went to the gym and pool/steam room while the wife had a beauty treatment. Then we had drinks and went for our dinner in the old beamed restaurant. The Spa was great with a good sized warm pool and comfy loungers and the gym had all the best kit and staff were all so friendly and helpful. The wife really enjoyed her treatment (facial) and again staff were top notch.
The Dinner was really good and again service excellent. We both slept very well in a comfy bed. The breakfast was good again with all you could want to choose from especially the variety of fruit which we love. The cooked kept us full all day. Again staff were helpful and attentive.
Then came our leaving - the car wouldnt start and after several calls to breakdown from Reception who again could do enough I was just resigned to waiting for the truck to arrive when the maintenance guy at the hotel came over to ask if he could help and after a bit of tinkering got the car going. Well, that saved our day as we had lots planned and we were so grateful to him.
ALL the staff were excellent and went that little extra to make our stay brilliant with special mention to the Reception staff (who ferried messages to us ) all through our visit and the Maintenance Man. What a resourceful guy and a credit to a terrific venue.
We will definitely return.
By, the way the stay including the gourmet meal was extremely good value in our opinion.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hulmetree

Dear Hulmetree

Thank you so much for your review.
The team and I are thrilled you had a great time and look forward to the chance of seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at Lythe Hill for a long weekend and I can’t recommend it enough.

On the first night we ate at the restaurant. The standard of the restaurant is Michelin quality. There were five courses, each one absolutely delicious. A lot of care is clearly being taken over the food and the service, you sit in a beautiful old Tudor room and the meal is a real experience. I’ve sent several friends there since for special occasions. Unbelievable value for money considering the dining experience you’re given, e.g. truffles arriving in little treasures chests at the table, all very special. We ended up going back again the next night!

We stayed in a spacious suite, with a terrace that overlooked the grounds (a great spot for afternoon tea!) The bed was the comfiest thing I’ve ever slept on, no exaggeration. The room was light, cozy and nicely furnished with all the amenities you could want (2 TVs!). The grounds are very beautiful and there are some very picturesque walks you can do from the hotel.

The hotel has a spa and a big pool with lots of room for lounging, which is great when you want to relax. There is also a sauna and a steam room and a Jacuzzi. I had two treatments at the spa (a massage and a facial) and both were excellent. There is a café by the pool where you can have snacks and lunch, which we did both days and really enjoyed. I have been going to spa hotels for years and am pretty snobby about them I’ll admit, finding one in close range of London is always a bit tricky, so I am kicking myself for not visiting Lythe Hill sooner because its so easily accessible from London, and the spa is fantastic.

The hotel building itself is old and very pretty. There is a nice bar overlooking the grounds with big window seats where we spend a few hours each night before dinner (lots of rabbits running around on the grass!). We saw a wedding in the pagoda outside the main building which looked really lovely.

What really stood out for me as well was the level of service. Staff were so attentive and pleasant throughout the hotel it made the stay a real pleasure. The hotel is so easy to get to from London (an hour by train), that it’s the perfect place to de-stress for a few days and get pampered. I didn’t expect to feel as relaxed and chilled as I did after the weekend, but I felt I’d been there a lot longer. I didn’t want to leave!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Kerstin 53

Thank you so much for your review.
My team and I are thrilled you had a fantastic first visit to us and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Simon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
The Georgian Hotel
Grayshott Medical Spa
#1 of 1 in Grayshott
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!