After staying at the hotel recently for a wedding I must say I was disappointed, However I choose not to do a review as I didn't want to upset the wedding couple! (After all it must have cost them enough judging by the drink prices!) I have now decided to write my review as I am disgusted with the unprofessional & bordering on defamation of character comments made back on this page by the hotel management!
When we first arrived the hotel was beautiful & my estimations were high this was quickly altered by the sudden lack of available staff even for a wedding party! When I found the bar I waited 15 minuets for two drinks. The food was very nice but not considered out standing. The evening food was lovely however was removed shortly after it arrived! (I was later told it was because they wanted to get cleared up for the next day!) Arriving back to my room which was very nice I was looking forward to watching TV in the big bed and unwinding! HOWEVER on the way back to the room the hotel suffered a power cut (apparently a common occurrence) After finding our way back to the room by phone light we had a disturbed nights sleep as people tried to rectify the problem. Breakfast the next day was like an all you can eat buffet But with out the food! after finishing what was cooked for my breakfast the sausage and eggs I ordered before hand arrived! (to late) On check out I was told by hotel reception that there was nothing they could do And that the hotel manager would contact me...... I'm still waiting along with other guests I have spoken to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey