Visited January 2014, were allocated Disraeli room. The hotel uses names rather than numbers for it's rooms. The reception was nice and clean and reception staff pleasant and polite. At the time of our visit the hallways were being decorated so this will improve the finish of the hotel. Our room was satisfactory, nothing outstanding but all functioning and clean.
The hotel grounds are lovely to browse round with the hotel being like a little hamlet with many small buildings , a nice pond, a couryard, outside seating areas and plenty of greenery. In a large barn like building is the spa , just a short walk from the hotel. The spa has complementary steam room , sauna, large pool, gym and treatments are available which are at additional cost. Nice facilities for relaxation
Breakfast choice and service was good with full english and other hot dishes some at additional cost, plus usual cold buffet items for self service.
Just a note on dining, the restaurant, whilst lovely is quite expensive, great for a special occasions, We paid about £110 for 2 having 3 courses each including a bottle of wine) and room service meals arn't cheap so bear this in mind when sorting out your dining requirements. the hotel website has a sample copy of the room service menu , including prices and the restaurant menu is also available. See Lythe Hill restaurant review for further details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey