“Average room nice spa”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Average room nice spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Visited January 2014, were allocated Disraeli room. The hotel uses names rather than numbers for it's rooms. The reception was nice and clean and reception staff pleasant and polite. At the time of our visit the hallways were being decorated so this will improve the finish of the hotel. Our room was satisfactory, nothing outstanding but all functioning and clean.

The hotel grounds are lovely to browse round with the hotel being like a little hamlet with many small buildings , a nice pond, a couryard, outside seating areas and plenty of greenery. In a large barn like building is the spa , just a short walk from the hotel. The spa has complementary steam room , sauna, large pool, gym and treatments are available which are at additional cost. Nice facilities for relaxation

Breakfast choice and service was good with full english and other hot dishes some at additional cost, plus usual cold buffet items for self service.

Just a note on dining, the restaurant, whilst lovely is quite expensive, great for a special occasions, We paid about £110 for 2 having 3 courses each including a bottle of wine) and room service meals arn't cheap so bear this in mind when sorting out your dining requirements. the hotel website has a sample copy of the room service menu , including prices and the restaurant menu is also available. See Lythe Hill restaurant review for further details.

Room Tip: Nice view from Disraeli room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Tezpil

Many thanks for your review.
We are delighted you had a great stay with us.
I am pleased to be able to mention that we are undergoing a rolling refurbishment as you had noted with regards the bedrooms. We anticipate that over the next 18 months all rooms will have been completed.
Our restaurant is something we are very proud of and having just been awarded a prize for "best in Surrey" we are thrilled all the hard work is paying off.

Do come again !

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

stayed for one night here to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.
got a fab deal on late rooms and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
our room was clean and cosy. couple of imperfections in room and bathroom but overall very nice.
used the spa area pool, steam room after we booked in a 3pm so it was very busy.
didn't very much like the way selfish people reserved loungers with towels and then went 'missing'.
did like the no children after 17:00ish policy so we could then relax without getting splashed.
found all of the staff extremely friendly and helpful, especially in the restaurant where they have exquisite attention to detail. our evening meal was quite pricey and over our normal budget but well worth the experience.
breakfast, which came with the room price was outstanding.
the views from the hotel car park and spa are very nice.
my only other gripe was zero reception on our mobile phones making it difficult for our babysitter to contact us.
overall, very happy with our stay and would most definitely visit again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kiddie

Many thanks for your review.
We are delighted you had a great time.
With regards the phone signal we tend to find that most people nowadays have smart phones which can attach to our wireless service. However next time you should be able to find "ok" signal near our main flag poles in the car park.

See you soon.

Haywards Heath, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night over the weekend. The hotels location was beautiful. The room we stayed in was clean and tidy, there was guest information provided on the hotel facilities within the room which is very important, refreshments available in the room, running hot water that just leaves a comfy bed with working TV's in both the lounge and bedroom area. The room wasn't cold and it was perfect to just relax. The little envelopes left in the room with bits and pieces in were great a really nice touch and perfect if you had forgotten anything!

The spa treatment I received was lovely, with very friendly staff at the spa. Swimming pool warm, sauna and steam room clean and very nice, changing areas good as well as the shower facilities within the changing rooms.

Restaurant was nice, dessert took longer than usual due to it being busy one of the waiters complimented us with a free glass of wine due to the long wait. Superb food you get what you pay for. Reception staff very helpful - my boyfriend phoned in the early morning to request room service for breakfast and a later check-in this was done by the receptionist without a fuss and no problem to organise - we forgot to request room service for breakfast the night before.

We will be returning to the hotel again to stay two nights. Thank you for making our stay superb keep up the high standards.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Laurag21277

Thank you so much for your review.
We appreciate your comments and hope you may find time to sneak away for another romantic weekend in the not too distant future.

Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

For years my missus and I have been taking short notice spa weekends to get time away from our large family.
This place is the best we have ever been to. I am writing this sat by the pool with a glass of Champagne and a good book. It is freezing outside and as hot as the Caribbean in here ! I think we have found our fav place in the South. Will be booking again before we leave no doubt.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Purpleted1955

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad you had a great time and hope to see you chilling by the pool again in the not too distant future.

Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I never write on tripadvisor but always tend to read up on hotels prior to staying in them either for work or leisure. I was fortunate enough in December to attend a wedding at this hotel and having read a couple of recent reviews from evidently disgruntled reviewers (who are clearly connected) I felt compelled to sign up and write my first review.
All I can say is IGNORE THEM ... I stayed in a party of 78 for my nieces wedding and the event was flawless from beginning to end. I would go so far as to say it was beyond her expectations and ours. The team at reception are charming and helpful. All the staff you come into contact with are very customer focussed and have a sincere professionalism about them without being too stuffy and corporate the kind of which you experience in many large chain hotels.
My husband and I felt genuinely well looked after and we are already planning our 50th wedding anniversary later this year at Lythe Hill.
I have put in a specific request for the General Manager Simon to run the event. He ran the wedding we went to and was charming and organised as well as being incredibly witty. He had me in stitches during the drinks reception ! We appreciated the fact that he was on duty for the wedding and I know our niece did especially, as it is normally unheard of finding a General Manager of any big business "on the shop floor"....
Lythe Hill is certainly my little piece of heaven. I intend to be dropping hints to my husband for the next few weeks about "Valentines in the countryside". We shall see if it works.
If you are looking for somewhere that you can disappear to for either a special occasion or for a romantic break away then there is no where better.
If you get a chance to book a salt scrub in the spa DO IT. I felt like I had the smoothest skin I have ever had in years. Mario the Spa Manager is a proper character as well. A charming Italian man.
In conclusion - Go see for yourself at Lythe Hill. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Byron is nicely decorated and the shower is enormous and perfect for my husband who is in a wheelcha...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear LadyBradford2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and in depth review.
We were so pleased to play a part in such a special occasion for your family and look forward to your anniversary !

Oregon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We were coming England to visit a friend, and my boyfriend and I wanted to stay somewhere that we could relax; a place with a peaceful atmosphere. Our friend recommended Lythe Hill, and we couldn't be happier! The hotel and grounds are lovely, and the staff was wonderful. We will be returning for our friend's wedding, and made reservations to return to Lythe Hill. We've recommended Lythe Hill to our friends that will also be in England from the US for the wedding.

Dear Pamela W

Thank you so much for your review.
We are thrilled you had a fantastic time and look forward to seeing you again.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before, but I felt I just had to write and applaud Lythe Hill Hotel, Restaurant and Spa for making my 20th Wedding Anniversary so very special.
I originally thought I was just going for dinner (we live nearby) but my husband had actually booked us into one of the lovely suites (luckily he told me that morning...) so that neither of us had to drive - so comfortable - we had a really good night's sleep, waking up to a crisp, sunny winter's day with spectacular views across the Surrey Hill - very romantic......and a heartwarming breakfast to boot - followed by a refreshing swim in the lovely Spa.

Our dinner was divine, it really isn't a "hotel" type of restaurant, but a gastronomic restaurant in it's own right, with a great atmosphere.

We had Kir Royale and canapés on arrival (didn't know they did amuse bouches - lovely surprise) followed by a delicious starter - scallops cooked perfectly for me and black truffle risotto for him - yum! Another amuse bouche followed and then the triumph of the main courses. I had the poached venison and my husband the Pork 5 ways - what a treat. We then had a palate cleansing champagne sorbet (again, a total surprise but lovely) before diving into a Chocolate Ganache (me) and an amazing cheese selection (him). Delicious wines too. The service was impeccable and very friendly - we were assigned our very own (knowledgeable) waiter for the evening, who was a complete star!

My husband had obviously told the Restaurant that it was our Anniversary as two delicious brownies (nestling in a chocolate laced heart with Happy Anniversary iced around the plate) arrived with our coffee to round off the evening.

We shall definitely return soon - not waiting for my 21st Anniversary - this restaurant is too good to wait that long!

Dear ladybee2014

Thank you so much for your review. The team and I are delighted we managed to play a part in your very special stay with us and we all hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

SImon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
The Georgian Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,479 reviews
BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!