“Heart of the country”

Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed one night to see what the hotel was like as our son is getting married nearby, and we have block booked a number of rooms for the month he gets married.
The hotel is of a good standard, very secluded in the Surrey countryside. The staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly.
Unfortunately, the Spa was being refurbished on our visit.

Room Tip: Get it through Booking.com
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LytheManager, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We are thrilled you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our first day and night away from both of our small children and had a fantastic stay.

We stayed in one of the signature rooms, the Blackdown which was clean, well decorated and well equipped.

The spa was brilliant with a perfect selection of magazines. It was peaceful and again the hanging facilities were very clean.

The Afternoon Tea was as delicious as I had heard from reviews and the waiting staff were extremely attentive and polite.

The hotel was the perfect setting to catch up on sleep, fine food and time together and I really can't wait to go back.

Thank you to the hotel's very accommodating manager Simon and the rest of the team.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Business travel can be a pretty miserable experience, however, not the case at Lythe Hill. Having initially been booked in here after the hotel nearer my office was fully booked about a year ago, I asked our travel arranger to switch me to Lythe Hill and I now stay here about 6 nights per month. 6 miles further from my office but worth the extra travel. Excellent facilities, quaint and comfortable rooms, good gym, excellent food and the big difference - STAFF WHO ACTUALLY CARE! I am so used to travelling on business and being in faceless chain hotels where to the staff you are just a room number. At Lythe Hill, right through from the cheerful and friendly restaurant staff who serve a cracking breakfast, the reception team, the lady who is our corporate contact, the spa crew and the night staff who ring to remind me I've left the interior light on in my car (again) , the staff are without exception exemplary and a credit to the place. Such a good place to stay that at some point I shall be bringing the Mrs down with me for a long weekend in the south and treating her to some Spa Pampering.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good - some are mini suites with a sitting area - I cant fault any of them and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neville G

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Lythe Hill and I don't know where to begin! (I can only rate service and rooms out of 5 but they get more than that!)
First of all the staff. I have never experienced such a welcoming team! From the reception to the restaurant to the spa you are made to feel like your the only ones there. They will do anything for you.
The spa is amazing, the therapists are so good we didn't want to leave! Very relaxing, no rush to get you out either!
The restaurant...the food was outstanding and the staff made the experience so enjoyable!
Lastly our room. We stayed in Plaistow and it was lovely. Clean, comfortable and really big!
If your thinking about staying at Lythe Hill you won't be disappointed. Our only downside was we couldn't stay longer! You absolutely need to experience the restaurant and the spa treatments. This hotel knows how to get repeat customers. We hope to be staying at the hotel again next year! Thank you Lythe Hill for the experience :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in the hotel earlier this week and we had the best time. Room was larger than we expected, staff were very helpful with any questions or requests we had. We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner but the breakfast was amazing.

We are already planning our return visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2014

After a hectic couple of days in London, my wife and I decided to finish our break by driving over to Surrey and booked a room at the Lythe Hill Hotel near Haslemere, we stayed for two nights and enjoyed the whole experience, we savoured a very memorable and well prepared meal in the Hotel restaurant, which was beautifully presented by very well mannered and pleasant staff who described each course in detail. our room was good and very quiet which was appreciated after the clamour of London.
We will use this Hotel again and look forward to our next visit in the summer.

2  Thank eric b

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited this weekend for the third time and are already planning our next visit!

The service, food, room and spa were all exceptional. The reception staff were very helpful and made us feel so welcome. The spa treatments were top notch too.

We have come home feeling refreshed after a lovely break. Thank you all at Lythe Hill!

Mr and Mrs Pope

Simon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
The Georgian Hotel
Grayshott Spa
#1 of 1 in Grayshott
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!