We looked forward to our weekend away together. Both of us working in the 5* Hospitalty industry we know what we were looking for and what we wanted.
After some research we decided to spend the 2 days at the Lythe Hill Hotel.
Upon arrival Leigh did a fantastic job in and making us feel welcome. He even was flexible enough to change our pre-allocated room to a more renovated room. (this is what makes a difference)
We then went off to have dinner at the Hotels restaurant. I read good things about it but 3 things made a massive difference. We were welcomed by Patrick the amazing F&B Director ( who in my mind has a bigger role in the Hotel than just the restaurant; at least he seemed to be busy on all ends) instantly he could relate to us and wowed us by the minute!!! His amazing waiting staff were well informed and more importantly had a sincere smile in their face, especially (No. 2) Callum is a one of a kind waiter and I am sure he will go far in this profession. Lastly, (No. 3) the food was outstanding. We ordered the Chateaubriand and besides the decent price tag it was worth the money. Just delicious and it came with an array of sides that were too much (but delicious) to finish.
THANK YOU GUYS for a fantastic experience. oh almost forgot Jenny at the breakfast.... She is wonderful.
The Spa the next day was OK. It currently undergoes a refurbishment and therefore I refrain to mention that even refurbished parts need refurbishment... I am interested how it will look once it is all finished and all is cleaned up. However the facilities itself were clean.
The room was OK especially for the rate we got. We even had a little Garden. Quiet and clean. Again some of the basics that are just as important. If I may extend a recommendation: Our shower drain got blocked and the water overran. Now, we called and they sent an engineer. When we returned to the room the drain was merely unblocked, footprints and the drenched towels were left behind. It would be amazing to send Housekeeping to clean it. But thats an extra touch and would have made an overall very good stay excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey