We booked to get away from our son's prom night as we had 9 teenagers staying over. At the time of booking we mentioned this, no one told us there was a prom booked at the hotel. Very naughty! Awful racket from 6.30 ish til nearly midnight - right opposite our room. Had to turn volume up on TV to hear it.
Having said that, we were delighted with our room. We chose the hotel as it takes 1 dog in the Shelley Room only which led us to think it would be average or small and possibly not great. It was a lovely big room, immaculately clean, bright and airy, beautifully furnished, stunning bathroom - although no bath just a great shower. Direct access to gardens. Absolutely lovely. We slept very well after the prom finished. Other half had steak on room service. Delicious. Staff were all really lovely, breakfast was delicious (although forgot toast which I would have asked for if I had wanted it). Lovely waiter brought our retriever a bowl of water on the bar terrace. Very kind and charming. Prices for glass of wine far too high! £9 and £11. Would like to have stayed longer at the bar but not at that price. Spa was FAB. Lovely pool. Super treatments. Not sure would say the same if swimming after schools out or holidays as too many children. Need to be supervised so guests can actually swim! Parents should not dump their children in the pool and disappear. There is no lifeguard. Really SPA should focus on the hotel guests a bit more.
Grounds are divine. Like Watership Down. Although lake is stagnent - bit smelly despite being filled with running water - needs to be sorted.
This is an exellent 4* hotel - immaculately clean, our room was lovely, staff lovely, definitely would go back and try the restaurant. The main building is bursting with character - facinating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey