I stayed at Lythe Hill over the weekend and was excited as I was expecting a lovely grand hotel - especially for the price which was easily double most of the other hotels in the area. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to use the spa which I was very upset about as I didn't arrive until too late. The spa shuts at 9.30 so my arrival at 8.30 meant I couldn't use the pool before dinner (last entrance at the restaurant was also 9.30 so it was a decision between exercise and food and food won out!).
Once checked in I was directed to my room which was upstairs - there was no lift so I carried my own case all the way.
The room itself was very warm and just slightly better than bland. I was expecting a bit more pizzazz for £130 a night but really I could have been in a holiday inn. There was nothing to say about it really. The bathroom had seen better days and the shower was either very hot or very cold. I was excited to see that there were white company toiletries but for a 4 star hotel it was still just a basic selection of the essentials so don't forget anything that you might need for your stay.
The room was VERY hot. There was a fan in the room and I could have the window open but there is no air con at all which is disappointing.
Also no fridge / mini bar in the room and some very small bottles of complimentary water - perhaps its a British hotel problem as I never seem to have it abroad but WHY can't hotels provide more water / refreshments in rooms particularly during a heatwave??? For a spa hotel that is supposed to be relaxing and somewhere to rejuvenate I didn't feel particularly rejuvenated after a night dying of thirst. I have rated the sleep quality as Poor therefore - but if you are travelling in winter it would be fine.
Also no robes.... again - thought this was a spa? Why no robes? Again probably the perils of British hotels but for the price I expected them.
The restaurant/bistro and breakfast was lovely and the best thing about my stay here. The staff were attentive and helpful without being obtrusive. The view from the Bistro was also amazing - rabbits playing in the field - very scenic while enjoying our expensive cocktails!
Overall it is a nice hotel but with a few added details it would have been a much more pleasurable stay. I think there are probably better hotels for the money in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey