“Double cold”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had to kill a couple of hours in Haslemere and stopped off at this restaurant. The interior is a little basic but that's not a real problem. The staff were fairly helpful. My main complaint with this restaurant is that they don't know how to cook. My wife and I ordered a shared starter which included chicken spring rolls. Presentation was nice but the spring rolls were frozen in the middle. I obviously complained and asked for a replacement. When the replacement arrived the new rolls were more frozen than the previous ones so I rejected them obviously.

The main courses were acceptable but the chicken was either overcooked or microwaved - I think the latter.

When the bill arrived the manager had halved the cost of the starter from £12.00 to £6.00 - personally I think a bigger discount in way of apology should have been offered.

I will not be visiting this restaurant again.

Joe B, Owner at Kritsana Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're very sorry about your poor experience and apologise for the mistakes that were made on this occasion. We can assure you that none of the dishes served had been microwaved.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have been here three times now and each time the food has been absolutely fantastic. The staff are friendly but there is something missing in the atmosphere department, maybe as someoe else said because to look out onto the local shops, maybe some soft blinds or something, I agree it needs a little facelift! But the food is gorgeous and would recommend to anyone and will be going back soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The food here is consistently good and not overpriced. It has the benefit of being open on a Sunday. The atmosphere can be a little basic at times looking out onto local shops and could perhaps do with a refurbishment.

1  Thank Cranleigh
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

A recent visit reminded me of why I enjoyed this place last time round, the food. Simple tasty thai food, not too pricey and nice atmosphere in the venue.

1  Thank Sundeep R
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Been here a few times and find the food very enjoyable with every visit. The service is warm and friendly while the decor is a pleasing mix of traditional and modern. I usually go for the seafood options which are delicious. Compared to the other restaurants in the area the food is pricier but easily worth the little extra.

1  Thank Z K