“Good at times”

Kritsana Thai
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Haslemere
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Good at times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Been here twice. The first time was not that impressed with the food. Second time about 6 months later had a different dish (whole fish) and it was excellent. Will probably go again when we want a local Thai meal. It's best to park in the Tesco, then it's only a couple of minutes walk.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jools2013

Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Oh dear. Disaster. Gone to the wall”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Before I start this review you need to understand that I got this restaurant added to TA, since it wasnt on here and we loved it.

Now we dont.

Ordered a takeaway today. "Will be thirty minutes". No problem. Arrived after 30 minutes. Poor young lad clearly had no idea what he was doing, and it turned out it was his first shift.

One Thai lady hid in the kitchen. 3 of us waited for takeaways. A table of 4 asked for drinks. And again, and got up and asked for the 2 that hadnt arrived.

2 minutes. I was told. 15 minutes later. 2 minutes (If you've seen lock stock and two smoking barrels "two minutes turkish")

Another 10 minutes and we are now over an hour. Thai lady comes out and asks "is this your order" pointing to a piece of paper with numbers on it, but with no food.

"Is my food ready"? No.

I walked out, wishing the table of four, who still hadnt got their drinks of ordered their food luck.

Sort it out people.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank edwowen
Hampshire, UK
“Make up your own mind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Had been meaning to go to Kritsana Thai for some time as it is local to me but the bad reviews put me off a bit. However, I'm a firm believer in making up my own mind so decided to risk it. Am so glad we did. We got a takeaway, but it was excellent. Really tasty with good sized portions. Will definitely be going back again on a regular basis! Recommended.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Holidaymaker033
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Double cold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had to kill a couple of hours in Haslemere and stopped off at this restaurant. The interior is a little basic but that's not a real problem. The staff were fairly helpful. My main complaint with this restaurant is that they don't know how to cook. My wife and I ordered a shared starter which included chicken spring rolls. Presentation was nice but the spring rolls were frozen in the middle. I obviously complained and asked for a replacement. When the replacement arrived the new rolls were more frozen than the previous ones so I rejected them obviously.

The main courses were acceptable but the chicken was either overcooked or microwaved - I think the latter.

When the bill arrived the manager had halved the cost of the starter from £12.00 to £6.00 - personally I think a bigger discount in way of apology should have been offered.

I will not be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013
Joe B, Owner at Kritsana Thai, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're very sorry about your poor experience and apologise for the mistakes that were made on this occasion. We can assure you that none of the dishes served had been microwaved.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, nice staff, lacks atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have been here three times now and each time the food has been absolutely fantastic. The staff are friendly but there is something missing in the atmosphere department, maybe as someoe else said because to look out onto the local shops, maybe some soft blinds or something, I agree it needs a little facelift! But the food is gorgeous and would recommend to anyone and will be going back soon.

• Visited June 2013