“Beef Wellington Heaven!”

The Red Lion Public House
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Haslemere
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Petworth, United Kingdom
“Beef Wellington Heaven!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As part of my 40th Birthday treat my husband (in advance) asked the new Landlord/Chef & Landlady if they could make our party of 4 a special Beef Wellington Supper, as I had never had one before ... they could not have been more accommodating. Julien the chef went out of his way to help and last night we sat down to one of the best meals we had ever had! Beautifully cooked & presented and service was personal & friendly. Even though we are not locals, this has always been one of our favorite pubs with a warm atmosphere, and we are thrilled it has been taken over by a couple who are obviously passionate about customer service & attention to detail.

• Visited December 2013
Julian G, Owner at The Red Lion Public House, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments. We pride ourselfs on our customer service and quality of food and it is good to know we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back at The Red Lion again.

Kind Regards

Julian & Jacqueline

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Fully recommend”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have just returned from a lovely afternoon in the Red Lion in Fernhurst.

We were greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival and instantly felt at home, with the open fire and friendly atmosphere, we knew we had made the right decision to stop and have a meal.

The customer service was great and the new owners made us feel very welcomed.

The food was outstanding and we would recommend this lovely pub to everyone.

Well done to the new owners Julian and Jacqueline, who are doing a fantastic job and we knew you are going to be a great success.

• Visited December 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Traditional pub good food and beer”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Enjoyed a meal here on Saturday evening there were six in our party service was good food traditional pub food all meals tasty and represented good value for money .

• Visited November 2013
Surrey, England
“A lovely Country pub and a delicious lunch”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a wonderful lunch at this very old pub in Fernhurst today.
If you like a typical english pub this is the place for you. Low celings and wooden beams dating back to the 1600's.
We were greeted with a warm smile and 'hello' from the barmaid, upon entering a establishment this is very important to me!
We chose a table right next to the fireplace where wood was happily crackling creating perfect warmth for us and our 3 dogs. who were made very welcome. it was so nice to see at least 3 water bowls! Nice touch.
The new landlord Julian came over to take our orders, what a friendly chap! He seemed very at home considering he and his partner Jackie had only been there for 6 weeks.
There was an extensive menu of typical pub food, took us ages to choose which wasnt helped by the fact that plates of delicious food was going past us!
I decided on Whitebait for my starter and Steak and Kidney Pudding for my main. Where can i start, the pudding was the best ive ever had. The man on the table next to me had ordered it and i got sever 'food envy'! My mother had the haddock gratin, we both had mixed veg which were perfectly al dente and dauphinoise potatoes. YUM! My 4 year old son was very well catered for and he was delighted with sausages and chips!
After lunch we went for a local walk with our dogs and came back for dessert. I chose the Homemade Apple Crumble that the Landlord Julian had made - it was again delicious. My mother had Lemon Tart and berries and son had chocolate ice-cream.
It was a lovely lunch. Great service and we will be planning to go back again.
I even got a takeaway for my husband starving at home!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Evie30
London, United Kingdom
“first class food, welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

As locals, this was our first visit to the Red Lion since it had been under new ownership, and we were delighted.
Wednesday lunch, sitting by a roaring fire, enjoying a very good main course and dessert, doesn't get a lot better than this!
Lovely, friendly atmosphere, great service, excellent food and good choice of menu!
Well done, and congratulations to the new proprieters.

• Visited October 2013