“Not enough time.”

Haslemere Educational Museum
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Haslemere
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1888 Haslemere Educational Museum is one of the largest Natural History Museums in central southern England with over 240,000 specimens, along with over 140,000 Human History artefacts from around the World. There are three large permanent galleries for Geology, Natural History and Human History artefacts, also with three temporary exhibition rooms, a library and a dedicated education room for people of all ages.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited briefly as time was a factor and thought to returned later but closed on Mondays. What little viewed was interesting and contained a bulletin board of village events.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've spent my life visiting this museum firstly with my parents and, more recently, with my children. Excellent, varied exhibits and events with lovely gardens. Very helpful staff.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is still a remarkable museum for the size of town and remote location. It was set up by local worthies in the past century in order to educate the populace. It educated me as a boy when I loved coming here. I went back for the first time in about 30 years and it is a shame that the updating has meant that most of the collection is mothballed and what is left is in half of the space. The old, rambling feel of the place was half of the attraction. That said, it appears that this extra space is now used for schools, so I shall not complain.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent very helpful staff not only for visitors but locals too.
The staff took considerable time reviewing my house & it's history for me thank you

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have visited this museum twice over the last eighteen months whilst staying in Haslemere.
It really is a diverse place with such a variety of exhibits to suit all tastes.
If you do not find something of interest in this museum I will be amazed.
Happily spend an hour or two here.
A good shop in house too.