“Coffee Only!”

Hemingways of Haslemere
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Haslemere
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Coffee Only!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Shopping in Haslemere and walking back decided to try out Hemingways as you can sit outside and even on a cold day it was a great spot to sit and catch what sun there was!
Very good coffee and a bonus was the complimentary choc cake as compensation for what the young lady who seved us perceived as delayed service in the time it took for the drinks to arrive! We did not think it was a great delay but enjoyed the additional treat anyway!
Very busy and tables inside full..will return soon to sample the menu...

• Visited March 2014

Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Home from Home but with better coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

In this day and age you can get a coffee or cake just about anywhere even Waitrose dish out coffee & tea these days......however for a wonderful atmosphere great coffee and light snacks with great service and people who care about you then don't go past here you are missing out.
I pop in regularly and love it.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“A lovely evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I went with my boyfriend on Valentines Day and although we both profess to disliking V-Day we couldn't have gone to a better venue. The atmosphere at Hemingways is a total dichotomy; at the same time as being really relaxed it also has a vibrant quality to it that you can't find anywhere else in Haslemere. Vic Cracknell's set was thoroughly enjoyable, and although it was fairly busy, the staff were friendly and efficient. I must also add that I had the chocolate-orange brownie for dessert and it was delicious. Thank you Hemingways for such a lovely evening.

Liphook, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Went for a lovely lunch here with my partner, I pop in here regularly as from what I can spy they have a new chef, the food has improved and from what I can see the sweet waitresses are getting more excited about the food here. I've heard some wonderful things about the food on valentines day and will be booking for the next evening after looking at the menu that was running! I recommend this place and it's adorable charm! I'm even happier now eating here than ever!!!

Haslemere
“A total misfit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have lived in Haslemere for the past 5 years, since Hemingways opened to be honest. It's a very dirty dusty premise, plates on sale that you could find at a boot sale. Priced extremley high, scarfs hanging from the wall, collecting more clutter. The food has always been MICROWAVED, you hear the ping of the microwaves go off which is rather annoying as they are potentially charging you £9 for a meal that they could have picked up from waitrose for a couple of pounds. The food takes extremley fast to come out from the kitchen, so any one knows that it's a slap dash job.(which isn't a kitchen, simply a particioned part of the bar that has had a plié wood wall placed infont) all in all a total let down to our lovely village, complety over priced, dirty, dusty, food is packaged. Even the cocktails I noticed come in a sachet, it's just a complete mess. Please do not waste your time here, if you do not beleive me ask to watch you food being made or just enquire and if you have a feeling that your being lied to, take your money somewhere else. Please don't let these people bring a bad vibe to our lovely village, my family has 4 generations in Haslemere and we are very proud of out village.

4 Thank Cathy1929