“A pleasant suprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A pleasant suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was a little concerned by some of the reviews about this hotel but had to book due to a wedding invite, I was glad i did, the hotel staff were so freindly and helpfull, the hotel despite some negatives re the cleanliness, was spotless the rooms were very clean and fresh, yes some furnishigs were in need of updating but it al added the charm of an interesting building, the wedding breakfast was delicious and the service attentative and freindly. Like most things in life'' The proof is in the pudding'' give it a try.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had my wedding at the Georgian House Hotel this weekend. I cannot express how amazing the staff (especially the wedding co-ordinator Nicole) have been since we first booked many months ago. From the beginning to the end they have been polite, attentive and happy and made the whole experience an absolute pleasure. I couldn't have asked for more from a wedding venue. Some, may say it could do with a lick of paint here or there but to be honest, its a lovely old hotel and has such charm i fell in love with it the moment i first saw it. For the service we received our wedding was very affordable, the gardens are gorgeous and the weather played along with us and we were able to get married outside in the sunshine. I can't praise the Georgian House Hotel enough, my new husband and I will be going back for my weekend visits to relive our special day for as long as the hotel stands, knowing we will be looked after superbly in a beautiful location. If you are planning on getting married I can't recommend the Georgian House Hotel enough. Long may it stand and continue to provide such happy days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank EmHutGreenwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We booked this hotel Last minute by paying £79pp for a 'spa break'. This included use of the 'spa', lunch, dinner and breakfast. Overall the food was fantastic, a good choice for what we paid.

The room was clean and tidy but roasting so there was no way we could shut the window. The soaps in the bathroom were half used.

When we arrived at the hotel we could see there was going to be a wedding there that night which they hadn't told us anything about. They had put us in a separate part of the hotel but as we couldnt close our window we could hear the heavy metal playing until 12am with people shouting and screaming outside on and off till about 4am. I woke up to my husband sleeping on the floor as he was so uncomfortable on the bed.

The swimming pool area was generally ok, the hot tub wasn't hot but that was ok as the weather was warm outside.

All staff were really friendly and helpful and the village of Haslemere was lovely.

They need to do a massive face lift of the hotel and warn people when there is an event on as we wouldn't have booked!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Watford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night, from the outside the hotel looks old and interesting, from the inside it's tired and in need of a facelift. On the whole the staff were very pleasant, not terribly experienced, but willing and helpful (when they weren't discussing their social/business lives). Our room was a decent size, however, only one window opened and when it's 30C outside you want all the air you can get! The carpet had clearly not been vacuumed recently and the bathroom was tired and dirty, dust everywhere along with a lot of other people's hair! To top it all the bed had no mattress protector on it and no protectors on the pillows, just a sheet/pillowcase between us and the countless other sweaty bodies that had slept there. The mattress was awful, not stained, just cheap and uncomfortable. Breakfast was average, lack of attention to detail ie no butter, plastic bags of cheap bread by the toaster and mid-service they decided to move the entire hot-plate table round the corner to close off part of the room for another party, why this was not done prior to service I have no idea! Tired, dirty, in need of some enthusiastic training, but could have great potential.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Haslemere hotels

Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We attended this hotel for a murder mystery weekend. Overall the hotel is quite lovely and in a peaceful area. Our room was slightly disappointing but clean and tidy with all the right things provided, shower beautiful!
I was disappointed with a couple of staff members. One particular barmaid I found to have poor training and lacking in customer service. Whilst at the bar we were served our bottle of wine/bought paid for by a very polite young barman. About to walk away when the bar girl in question took the bottle off of us and served it to another couple also standing at the bar! When I questioned her over why she had taken it off of us, she told me the other couple wanted it. When I challenged her that I'd already paid for it, she STILL was adamant they wanted it! Overall, terrible service from her and I was very disappointed.
Otherwise I found the reception staff very pleasant and friendly. Beautiful gardens and the weather was great so we took full advantage. I'd suggest to the hotel to have this barmaid put back through her training process with better people skills!!
We had afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast at the hotel. The afternoon tea was delicious and I was very impressed.
The dinner however was a real let down, I had pork which was as tough as the bottom of a shoe with very basic veggies which looked like they'd spent a bit too long in the fridge! The only saving grace was the breakfast we had in the morning which was the full works and delicious.

Room Tip: Ground floor room better!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
West Midlands, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and this hotel is dirty, tired and in much need of refurbishment. My room had stains all over the carpet, the toilet had brown stains in it and the bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been swept or mopped for months with hairs everywhere. The breakfast was very limited and not particularly inviting. I would not want to stay there again. Don't be fooled by the website.

Room Tip: find another hotel to stay at
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jill H
Haslemere, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a travelling business man I stay in many hotels (travel lodge, premier inn, Hilton etc) and this is the worst. The room was filthy, the towels soiled, there were pubic hairs in the bed, and the bathroom was mouldy. In the evening I went to go for a swim and use the gym only to find the swimming pool being filled with a hose, the jacuzzi had a green tinge and smelt of sweat, the tiles around the pool had mould and mildew growing on them, the steam room smelt of mouldy water (legionella risk) and the sauna smelt of old sweat. On informing the manager of this I was told that he has had a look and this is all fine and that as i'd stayed a few times only one bad experience was 'doing pretty well'.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank james h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,443 reviews
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to The Georgian Hotel? Share your experiences!