“It'll be wine in a bucket next!”

The Bridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #370 of 1,304 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$20 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestling on the River Tyne, The Bridge combines decadent dining with stunning views of Newcastle and Gateshead Quayside. Continually evolving menus guided by seasonality and local produce. Visually exciting, honest dishes inspired by both classic and unusual flavour combinations brought together by the skill of our kitchen team.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hubby and I popped in here for a drink on a night out as it does have a good reputation within the city and is away from the madness!

I still can't quite believe I was given my red wine in a slim-jim/tumbler. When I queried this with the young barman, he told me there were no clean glasses so that was all he could do. Naturally I suggested he go and find a wine glass, wash it and put my wine in it which he duly did and with good grace.

Seriously the place was shockingly untidy. There were 4 serving and only 3 waiting to be served! In my day a bar 'person' should always be busy, especially in the city on a Friday night. Seriously no exaggeration, I counted 3 tables where the whole table top was full of empty glasses but I guess if you haven't got a glass to put your drink in, you don't need a table to put it on!

The manager's answer? We're really busy!

Needless to say we won't be back. Clearly an amateur operation. What a shame.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My uncle stayed here recently and because i booked via laterooms i received an e mail for some feedback... Couldn't do that as i didn't stay however noticed that the hotel does sunday lunch for a reasonable 16 pounds for 3 courses. Nine of us attended sunday 9th march and it was almost clean plates all the way. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was excellent. There were 3 starter choices, soup,ham terrine or prawn cocktail, good start. I had the prawns, maybe a tad too much lettuce but full of flavour. I asked for olive oil to go with the gorgeous bread as i don't like butter and this arrived promptly and had everyone else wishing they didn't like butter.
We ordered chicken , belly pork and beef for mains.... Perfection, substantial portions of meat with crispy yorkshires and lush roast potatoes. The beef was a thick slice of sirloin cooked to your liking, belly pork was delightful as was the chicken , all served with ample portions of carrots, broccolli, green beans, cauliflower, more delicious gravy when we asked for it.
Desserts were gorgeous and we shared due to being full from starter and main. The only reason this was an overall rating of very good was because the chocolate brownie was very disappointing. Full of flavour but hard as a rock and not like a brownie should be. The creme brulee and sticky toffee were gorgeous as was the coffee. The wine was very tasty for a house wine.
The room itself was really cosy and well decorated , just a pity it was almost empty. Wouldn't hesitate to return,good service,good meal and reasonably priced. Thanks for a great afternoon xx

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had the 2 people wine and dine menu for £59, 3 courses. Could not fault it.
Good service and very nice food.
Well worth the visit and the price.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Service was really good everyone was pleasant.
The food was delicious and the portions were huge. We couldn't finish it all!
We used our gourmet society membership card giving a great discount.
Great location, great food, great service, great price!
We will be visiting again.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The best bit of my experience was the friendly service, the waiter who served me was very friendly, helpful and attentive. My starter of smoked salmon was delicious. However, the main I ordered (vegetable hotpot) came out cold in the middle.
The waiter was very apologetic, took it back and the chef sent out a very hot new one as well as a complimentary rocket salad dish (very random!). Although this dish was hot, there were quite a few parts of it which didn't taste so good - the carrots tasted like processed frozen carrots.
Wouldn't make an effort to come here again, however it's a good thing the waiter was top notch, otherwise I would've felt very dissatisfied.