“Brilliant place - great night! ”

Tiger Tiger - Newcastle
Ranked #277 of 1,304 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tiger Tiger in Newcastle is a happening, laid-back location for lunch, casual meals, and late night dining. It’s a huge venue with multiple zones and enough going on to keep you bouncing all night long until early the next morning. The restaurant has a chic Manhattan-style dining room offering a taste of New York every night right though to midnight. The smart décor features dark wood and dark leathers that set a sophisticated tone. If your looking for something more private we have 3 private dining rooms all with a different theme.The gourmet burger, handmade from rump steak, is the signature dish, but The Restaurant's menu features most of your favourites from starters of handpicked crab to mains of fish and chips, steaks, the aforementioned burgers, vegetarian alternatives, and desserts like Jammy dodger cheesecake or Oreo Sundae.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I visited on Saturday with a group of friends. We reserved an area with package deal which was brilliant and ready when we arrived- looked lovely and plenty of room for us. Music was great and service was excellent.
Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Vixhc
Jemma C, Sales Manager at Tiger Tiger - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hi VixHc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I'm glad to see that you had a good night. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Perhaps you can try one of our other rooms

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After a fab ladies day at the racecourse we ended up in tiger. Great atmosphere! Fab drinks! We had an amazing night! Downstairs has a great atmosphere since the refurb earlier in the year.

Had the burger and sharers platter to eat too and food was great.

Jemma C, Sales Manager at Tiger Tiger - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Nowtlikeyourownbed,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

We really value customer loyalty here at Tiger Tiger and it's great to see a returning customer who is still enjoying our service.

We do hope to see you again soon, maybe we can tempt you with some Karaoke or a cocktail class....

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not a venue I tend to visit too often as it is usually full of stag/hen parties and the beer is pricey but I noticed they now take the Tastecard discount card so decided to give their food a try since we were looking for somewhere to go for a family birthday meal.

The first problem came when booking, no answer on the number listed on their website despite several attempts between 12 and 2.30. Submitted an online booking form but got no email response. Eventually got through on the phone at 2.50 (we were meeting at 3) and told them about the problems I had trying to book. I was told they would get back to me tomorrow once the sales team were in to respond to my online query. I advised we were trying to book for today and was told they didn't open until 4, even though the hours listed on their site were 12-10. We rearranged our plans a bit and decided we would still go and booked a table for 4.

We got there and the place was empty, which was expected since it had just opened for the day, but there were no staff in sight either. Eventually we were seated, in the bar, not the restaurant like I had asked. The bar staff hadn't been told about Tastecard so had to ring the manager to check. Eventually we ordered our food, from the menu it seemed quite pricey so I anticipated good quality.

After an hour or so I asked the barmaid if our food was going to take much longer and was told our starters were on their way. After another 15 minutes had passed, a waiter arrived at our table with our mains in his hands and said "is it okay to give you starters and mains all together as we are understaffed" to which one of my party noted "You have them in your hands so you're not leaving us much choice!" Anyway the food itself was not good, you get better quality at a Wetherspoons for half the price. Some of the food was cold, some hot, some dishes had ingredients not listed on the menu, the chilli burger had next to no chilli on it, the chilli dog was laced with onions but no sign of chilli....I could go on. The barmaid we dealt with was clearly embarrassed by the whole thing, she had only recently started and clearly should have been given better training and not left alone in the bar. All in all I was not impressed and I doubt I'll go back. Avoid!

1  Thank steviemac14

Hi Stevie,

Firstly thank you for leaving us feedback. We appreciate all comments and rely on the honesty of our customers to help improve our service.

If you could e-mail details of your experience to our manager louise.dixon@novusleisure.com she would like to be able to respond to you personally on this matter.

We strive to provide the best service possible to all of our customers and I do apologise that we did not do that for you on this occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a cocktail making class for a friends 50th birthday, it was such a laugh. Liam the barman was great, he got everyone involved and made it great fun for everyone. He got a hard time from all us women but he took it well and enjoyed the banter. I would recommend the class to anyone and I cant wait to do it again.

Hi Shezza,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it's always great to hear that our customers have had an enjoyable time.

Our cocktail classes are one of our most popular activities and for good reason it seems! I'll pas son your thanks to Liam, and I'm sure you didn't give him too much of a hard time!

I do hope to see you on your next visit to Newcastle

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

13 of my friends and family had a cocktail master class with Rich on the 26th of July 2014 for my hen night. There was 13 bar stools along the bar in the Groovy wonderland room with a funky flower neck garland for each of us. We mixed a few cocktails and platters of food were brought over. Rich was fantastic and just want to say thanks to all of the staff who helped us and especially Rich!

Thanks!!!

Hi Jo Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your cocktail class, as you can see by our page, it's definitely one of our most popular activities.

I will pass your thanks on to Rich too.

I do hope we see you again soon, maybe next time you can try one of our table packages or some karaoke!