“Afternoon tea loveliness”

Price range: US$6 - US$14
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I recently purchased a living social voucher for afternoon tea for 2 at Blakes priced at £9. I chose Blakes because of the reputation for restaurants and such on Grey Street and I wasn't disappointed. Although the price was cheap in comparison to many other afternoon tea deals on such websites, the quality was fantastic and much better than I would have expected for the money I paid! The selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes was excellent and the portion sizes very generous but I might have liked a larger tea pot after a long day of shopping. The service was friendly and fast, I couldn't fault it. The environment was warm and welcoming with a kind of character that starbucks and costa coffee lack.
All in all I can honestly say I would pay full price for the afternoon tea deal! And I wouldn't hesitate to return to Blakes, in fact it will be far higher in my pecking order than the aforementioned popular coffee houses!

1  Thank Laura B
There are newer reviews for Blakes Coffee House

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across Blake's while waiting for meeting. What find! Casual American diner, great vibe. Eggs Benedict was fabulous - two big chunks of bread, lovely ham, perfectly cooked eggs and delicious hollandaise sauce. If I lived here, I'd visit frequently.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I met a colleague in Blake's today.

Great atmosphere, superb pancakes and maple syrup. Can't say how much I enjoyed the atmosphere compared with the normal Starbucks etc etc.

If you are in the area and you want great food in an informal atmosphere, come here.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Went for breakfast this morning, real nice vibe!! food was tasty and coffee was good looked like a local spot but don't let that put you off its fab, everyone welcoming and friendly. great value for money definitely go again

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great Staff and manager. Always a friendly welcome no matter how early you turn up. Fab breakfast menu and excellent range of unusual sandwiches and lunch items. Great value for money - definately my favourite place in Newcastle for coffee.