“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Puccini
Ranked #336 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Everything about this restaurant was just average. The atmosphere for me was just not nice, it was too dark and smelt bad. The staff were too loud and shouted across the room. Good didn't have much flavour but was good for the cheap price. Wouldn't really recommend.

• Visited July 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“welcome return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

been to this restaurant a few times staff are always pleasant .The food is always first class very tasty and cannot believe the price of the table de hote menue nice that they change it every month plenty of choice and good food it is too, steak often included also.You get starter main and pud for £11.95 well worth a visit.

1 Thank Doreen C
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

It's very small and it felt that you were sitting on top of everyone. The staff weren't overly fast and it took a while for them to take our order. The food wasn't anything special. I don't think I would be going back

1 Thank hsasmith
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“I do not understand the low ratings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have visited this restaurant for over ten years and always had a great value for money evening. I started by attending on a lunch time once a week when my son was a infant I used to meet my sister for lunch and preferred to give my son a healthy option for lunch rather than fast food. As an infant despite my son having a different meal to me (me preferring spicy) they used to give me a small bowl for him and not charge me. As he got older they would bag up what he couldn't manage for me to take home for him. Over the years I have once had my a confusion on my sons order they delivered pizza instead of pasta when we raised this with the waitress she did replace the dish. On one occasion a waitress did knock a glass over accidentally we are all human she apologised profusely and returned with an extra large glass to replace the drink again apologising. In the number of visits two minor problems that were rectified were not an issue. We continue to recommend this restaurant as a great child friendly venue. Working with the public you can never please everyone but this is one restaurant I'm stunned at the negative comments as always found the staff and the food exceptional friendly and great with the children.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Emma Jane J
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Big thankyou :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Family of 9 starters; main and drinks for £67; fantastic value; friendly staff; congratulations to everyone; keep up the good work