“Where to begin?!”
Review of Bluebird Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle upon Tyne
Bluebird Hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Right,well I did have a few very small problems with my stay...
- dirty walls, floor, sink, wardrobe, sheets and curtains, the ONLY thing that was clean was the mirror ... kind of.
- the broken window that would not open
- the broken door that took 10 mins to lock.
- £20.00 deposit wanted per person before being allowed passed reception (that I knew nothing about) when I finally understood the 'manager' spoke terrible English
- when the upstairs toilet flushed vibrations through the floor.
- 1 toilet to share with a whole floor... hmmm wasn't that bad actually after avoiding the bodily excrements.
- breakfast consisted of stale toast ... old cornflakes and pastry this the rats even avoided.
HOWEVER, one positive its a lovely building even though the paintings in the corridors were upside down. The experience was LAUGHABLE, this is NOT in any means a hotel, I felt more like a homeless women squatting in an old abandoned building.

NO thankfully I did not catch a disease though me and my boyfriend will certainly go for checks.

Room Tip: No good room, choose the car park, its clean and have a nice view of the police cars!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Natalie B

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is a dump. I went down for my hen weekend with 13 girls. The rooms where disgusting. In the four bedroom en-suite there was poo in the kettle, bacon in one of the drawers. Beds where black, carpet, well that should have been thrown out. Also my friends bag got slashed. We came in from a day out and noticed it had been slashed right open. We where all out of the hotel. Spoke to a member of staff, in which they where very unhelpful. We where to stay both nights, however we got our Saturday night refunded and moved on. Please do not stay here. It is minging and it doesn't feel very safe

Room Tip: Dont pick a room, just dont go there at all !!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Booked here for 2 days, clean, 10 mins drive to town. All in all it was good enough for putting ya head down if you were there for nights out in Newcastle. Booking up again in November for weekend with girls. I know what to expect n it will do us. As stated in previous post ...its not the Ritz but where r ye gonna get bed, breakfast, dinner n evening meal for a few quid a night. Staff were nice n pleasant and accomodating. Cant fault them. Its an old building n yeah could do with a coat of paint n upgrade but cmon.....its cheap!! You get what you pay for!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carrie G
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I saw a lot of bad reviews on here so wasn't expecting much from the hotel but to be frank I dont what people are complaining about.
Yeah ok it's not the ritz but for just short of £30 you get what ya pay for!
The mattresses were a little un comfy but the quilt n pillows were comfier then mine at home! It was clean, yeah the full place is dated n could do with a facelift but that didn't bother us, wasn't fussed about communal showers n toilet either, they were clean & did the job.
We was a group of 4 lads (all 25ish) who went to the toon for a night out, it was clean n comfy n did the job with continental breakfast thrown in.
We had 2 twin rooms, 1 had a telly 1 didnt n not sure bowt the kettles but we didnt book the hotel so we could sit there with a cuppa watching corination street so none of that was an issue.
I feel people mayb just expecting to much from the place, ive paid more n stopped n worse places. If your used to travelling or stopping in hostels you really won't have a problem.
You could probably find a slightly nicer and/or better location like more near to the centre or in area but for what ya pay we enjoyed the stay n would stay again

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Crazywhite
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Take my advise...don't even think of it! The hotel is situated in a dodgy part of town (Benwell). The rooms were in dire need of a facelift. There was the word "HORRIFIC" drawn outside our bedroom door...a sign of things to come. We arrived at the hotel at 1am, to a completely deserted reception area. The receptionist was asleep in some room and only woke up when we telephoned the hotel from our mobiles. The bed linnen was not clean, the room was not clean, the bathrooms were not clean. In 5 days the room was not cleaned, aired or re-stocked with clean linen/bathroom towels. The beds were the most uncomfortable that I've ever experienced with springs popping out of several places. The hallways were dark, dull and gloomy, and smelt odd. Most of the staff were impolite and uneducated. We were overcharged because of the sleepy receptionist.

The breakfast was fine.

Definitely would nor recommend or ever go back...

Room Tip: Rooms NOT in the hotel are the best ;)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We booked a room on 5pm.com as we were going to the metro arena for a gig. 3 of us shared a room. There was a communal bathroom (although seperate rooms with a toilet and "shower" can hardly be classed as a bathroom" on our landing which werent in the best condition. Luckily we only stayed for one night and had breakfast which was included in the price.

Overall we got what we paid for which was very little. Wouldnt recommened the hotel but it done for the one night we stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelsey G
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Bluebird for two nights. The hotel is in a quite bad area of newcastle but reasonably close to the city center (by bus or taxi).
We might have been lucky with the room because in comparison to previous reviews we didn't have to share our bedroom with cockroach...However the two nights there were not really relaxing mainly due to our disrespectful neighbors, some young people who were obviously there to have fun...I don't mind people having fun but shouting, screaming and knocking at all the bedroom doors between 2 and 3 am ...I don't find it really funny.
The breakfast was extremely basic: bread, cereals, super dry croissant and some orange juice that didn't taste of orange at all.
That's a bit of a pity because the building (an old church) is huge and still in a good state. A big refurbishment of the rooms and bathrooms + regular cleaning of the rooms (carpet, bed, curtains) could make this place much nicer....although you cannot escape from disrespectful noisy neighbors.....Regarding the price we paid, I'd advise you to go somewhere else....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple