“Good again”
Review of Caffe Vivo

Caffe Vivo
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Vivo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 1,279 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Manors
Description: Italian at heart, the mood at the Quayside Caffe Vivo is lively, the style relaxed. Cafe by day, simple supper place at night, it's food is honest, joyful and full of sunshine.
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Good again”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Another restaurant week visit. Same quality and service as last review in March. Vegetable Lasagne and salt Cod main courses followed by Apricot and Almond Tart. Very enjoyable with professional, efficient and friendly service.

Recommended.

Prudhoe, United Kingdom
“Mmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited cafe vino again tonight on the special week 2 courses for £10 and was yet again amazed by the food. The service was good, attentive but not overbearing. The food delicious I had the paparadelle with duck and my partner had the belly pork then I had the pannacotta with rasps and he had the donuts with lemon curd and cream which he said were heavenly. All in all a fantastic evening. Well worth the money. Will def visit again.

• Visited August 2014
Wallsend, United Kingdom
“caffe vivo, caffe fantastic”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went to Newcastle Quayside, in the hope of getting lunch somewhere. Parked the car in the nearby multi, my wife and I walked down Broadchare. My wife is 5 weeks down on a knee replacement and is using 2 sticks. It was Restaurant Week in Newcastle this week. So we tapped onto the website on the iphone, getintonewcastle.co.uk. We had passed Caffe Vivo by this time, we have been there before 2 years ago, it was great then. So we booked on line, a table for two at 13.30, got there at 13.25, shown to a very nice table, ordered drinks, checked out the menu. We had booked the any two courses for £10 per head, we both had zucchini and parmasan soup, fantastic, served hot and tasty with extra parmasan. Main course I hade devilled chicken and my wife had salty cod and chickpea stew. Both meals served hot, efficiently and well presented. Really enjoyed the meal and the ambience. Will go there again, we have been there twice before, still great. The a la carte menu is very good and not too pricey for the quality and portion size. Looking for something special, go there!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Quayside Skewers”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited this caffe which I would call a restaurant alone as I was in town working. Its tucked away up a side street not too far from the millenium bridge.

Service is good and the surroundings are very Italian and interesting. The cafe was clean and tidy during my visit.

I ordered a bean salad for starters and it was refreshing and very tasty. Ideal for a summer evening. For main course I ordered lamb on skewers which was served with roast potatoes and vegetables.

Be warned - if its quantity you are looking for then maybe this restaurant is not for you. The portions are not huge but the food is delicious.

Would I return? Yes anytime.

Please note they have lunchtime and evening set menus which are ideal.

• Visited July 2014
Durham
“Average”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was really disappointed with our meal here as had been told good things.the menu I found was quite limited if you didn't like seafood so really struggled to find a starter.main course was lasagna verde and that's exactly what I got ,layers of green pasta with mince in between , no tomato sauce or cheese to be seen so as you can imagine it was very dry and tasteless, my husband had pasta in tomato sauce with seafood which he thought was just ok.
This was not a cheap place to eat and think I'm being very generous to give it average, will not be returning.

• Visited July 2014