“Excellent food and service”
Review of Red Mezze

Red Mezze
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Turkish Restaurant Serving Halal Cold And Hot Mezzes, Bbq Dishes, Meat, Fish And Vegetarian Dishes, Turkish Desserts, Tea And Coffees.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Always busy so would advise a booking to save disappointment. We didn't book for Saturday early evening but were able to be seated. Nice atmosphere and staff are friendly and efficient.
We had cold meze to start which had a nice variety of dishes. I then had chicken shish which was beautifully cooked, tender and yummy. My husband had lamb Kofti which was also delicious and tasty. The fresh mixed salads and rice which accompany the meals add to the total flavour experience.
Well cooked and flavoursome food. Plenty of choice on the menu. Very good value for money.
Would recommend at any time of the day.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have eaten here many times, and have only been slightly disappointed once, when the standards seemed to drop ever so slightly. However, my latest meal was excellent, which I enjoyed with a university pal who I hadn't seen for decades. We sat outside in the evening sun and had a couple of Turkish beers while we reminisced, and then moved inside for more reminiscence and a range of cold mezzes for starters - Patlican Ezme (Aubergine and tahini dip), Yaprak Sarma (stuffed vine leaves) and Saksuka (Fried peppers, aubergines and potatoes) - before we moved on to the main course, where I had the Lamb Iskender, which was tender lamb shish on flat bread with a tomato and minted yoghurt sauce. Everything was very tasty, and succulent. We had quite a few beers, which of course upped the price a bit, but we didn't mind at all. The service had been attentive, the food excellent and the evening memorable. The downstairs room inside the restaurant was full, and the atmosphere conducive to a pleasant trip down memory lane. This restaurant is on my Newcastle list of good eating places!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was taken to Red Meze for my birthday, and it was just like being in Turkey. food fantastic superb. the staff were very nice, and prompt. the smells of the food cooking was mouth watering. will be going back for sure. FANTASTIC

1  Thank carol l
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We didn't book and although looked busy were seated immediately. Extensive menu lots of lovely vegi dishes as well as meat. Served and looked after at exactly the right pace. Not hounded after main course for dessert order. Food great quality not oily but fresh and vibrant.
We had mixed cold meze to share and a veg main and lamb moussaka ,baklava and Turkish coffee to finish.
Turkish music and warm decor. Good value too.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Didn't book, but got sat down straight away. I was really busy which gave the place a lively atmosphere. Had the hot & cold Mezze to start. Delicious with lots of taste. Then I had the lamb shish. Very generous portion at a great price, and again delicious. Will be going back

1  Thank CIM15