1,147 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showermezzanine levelfree standing bathcigar shackmezzanine bathroomnespresso machinehuge showersister hotelwedding nightcity centrelovely hotelbeautiful roommini baran upgradesuperior roomwalk in shower
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We had our Sunday lunch today at hotel du vin so everybody could see the venue our daughter has booked for her wedding. It goes without saying that our waiter like absolutely made our visit! He is a MUST at our daughters big day! Thank you Luke! And to all the staff! Amazing day!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HDVAdamGreen, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Diane W

Thank you for your feedback and review.

It's great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us yesterday and indeed that Luke and the team took such good care of you. I will certainly pass on your feedback to Luke and the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back for the Big Day!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I travel extensively for work and usually, by the time I get to my hotel I am grateful if it has a bed.
However, this hotel exceeded every conceivable expectation.
I was upgraded to the most incredible room.
It was over 2 levels with the top level having 2 roll top baths and a TV.
the shower was twin headed and there was enough room to swing several cats.
The bed was huge and very comfortable and the room was circular so had a really cosy feel about it with plenty of chaise lounge and more cushions than would ever be needed.
The mini bar was well stocked - I suppose I was a bit disappointed that water was chargeable but the free chocolate truffles by the bed made up for that.
As I had work to do I ordered room service which was swift and no nonesence
I mistakenly ordered soup and a salad but there was enough food to feed 2!
Coffee machine was also a nice touch and the toiletries were of a high quality just emphasizing the quality of the place.
Breakfast was in a small room but service was great and the food was delicious - if a little pricey.
I cannot wait to go back - the staff made every effort to make sure I was happy and the process was seamless. Already planning on taking my husband back there and looking forward to trying some of the other locations.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Wannabe1day

Thank you for your very kind review.

It's always a pleasure to read when the team have gone the extra mile and been able to offer you a stay which surpasses all expectations! We are fortunate enough to have 4 amazing suites, all with unique features and characteristics, I'm really pleased that you have now experienced one of them!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Newcastle in the near future and are really pleased that we have made another Hotel du Vin fan!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Had an overnight stay at the Hotel Du Vin recently, which included breakfast. The reception, lounge/bar and brasserie are all lovely, the lounge is particularly comfortable with a fire and nice cosy chairs to relax in, I was offered some nice little canapes, which were really good and tasty, there was also a piano player that day, which added to the ambience, it was lovely!

Stayed in the ‘Huia’ bedroom which was a good size and is split across two floors with the downstairs comprising of WC and bedroom and upstairs a massive shower and roll top bath. The roll top bath was lovely and the shower is so big you could easily fit 12 people in there! Bathroom was stocked with the normal toiletries, which smelled nice, but we didn’t get any shower/body wash which I thought was unusual (there were 2 x shampoos, maybe an oversight?). Bedroom had a nespresso machine for coffee and there was fresh milk in the mini bar, not just those little pots you get in most other places. It was very relaxing in and around the hotel and very peaceful, with little noise disruption.

The bed wasn’t the best if I am being honest, the pillows definitely need replacing as just turn into pancakes the second you lie on them, the room was also maybe in need of some maintenance, I did notice that the decorative cushions on the bed had a couple of marks/stains on them, the cold tap in the WC was broken and wouldn’t turn, the tap on the roll top bath was also wobbly.

Car parking is £10 for either the car park, or if there’s no spaces, the valet parking.

Breakfast was good, moderate selection of cereal, yoghurt and various spreads on the continental table, no pastries though as these come out separately with your toast (1 croissant, 1 pain au chocolate and 1 raisin pastry), I found that different as most other hotels the pastries are on the continental table so you can help yourself. The cooked breakfast selection was great, I enjoyed salmon and scrambled egg and my boyfriend the crab and scrambled egg, both were tasty, the toast was also nice bread.

I enjoyed the stay on the whole, but was disappointed with the sleep quality, as I didn’t find the bed or pillows particularly comfortable, which is one of the main things you look for when staying at a hotel. The general surroundings and ambience was good. I’ve rated 3 stars, but would have given 3.5 if TA would allow it.

1  Thank melb8888
HDVAdamGreen, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear melb8888

Thankyou for your detailed review.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the surroundings to be relaxable and enjoyable.

We will certainly have a look into your feedback about the pillows but i would like to re-assure you that we do already have a programme of renewal in place.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Great location for all newcastle has to offer.lovely 5 minute walk along the Tyne passed the Millenium bridge (great at night ) and a gentle walk to many restaurants and shops.friendly staff, lovely rooms and great ensuite with bath and fabulous toiletries

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HDVAdamGreen, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear annieT8122IG

Thankyou for your review.

It is great to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Visited this establishment with my family using a deal from ITISON.
The menu was not vast however what we had was quality food.
The staff in the bistro were very helpful and attentive.
The atmosphere is very relaxed,no time restraints at all.
The only minor disappointment was the fact the bill had a 17.5% service charge on the total bill before the coupon value had been deducted.
We as a family would rather give our own tip to the staff and not feel obliged to have this added to the bill.
Would definitely recommend and will definitely return, in fact we have another date arranged to return
Thank you Hotel du vin staff for a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Hilary R

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

The special ITISON lunch deal has been very well received by our guests through October and November. It quickly sold out which is pleasing as this is the first time we have tested doing such an offer. The menu itself has been very well received so i am pleased that you found this to be the case.

We do add a service charge to the bill but please be aware that this is discretionary. Adding this allows us to distribute it between all food and beverage staff front and back of house, but again we appreciate that guests may wish to settle the bill in other ways. For clarity, the service charge added is 10% and not 17.5% as mentioned.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel du Vin.