“Excellent food in Newcastle”
Review of A Taste of Persia

A Taste of Persia
Ranked #104 of 1,281 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in Newcastle”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Liked mixed grill, hummus, dolma. Food was good and the service was good. We tried many dishes and all were tasty. we would happily return and highly recommend this restaurant.Thank you

Visited June 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm not sure why it took me so long to try this place, I've now been three times in as many months. Each visit has been excellent, with a couple or as larger group.

Everything is explained in English as well as Persian on the menu and the staff will explain if you have more questions, as well

Everything I've tried has been delicious and is a very change from the usual Italian, Chinese etc

If there are a few of you get a selection and share.

My favourites are the Nan which is much lighter than Indian nan, it have sesame seeds on it, the yoghurt, cucumber and mint dip is perfect for it.

The skewers of minced lamb with herbs and chicken are my favourite.

Give it a try you won't be disappointed

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Delightful”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed amazing meal here, I was unsure of a couple of the dishes but the rest of my party were able to advise.
The restaurant was very quiet the night we were there so not a great deal of atmosphere but the staff were very friendly and attentive.
Portion sizes were huge and the flavours and spices filled the room. I really enjoyed my meal, it allowed me to chose something a bit different. I would like to return on a busier night. Very good value for money

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank L0U83
Alston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and good service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went to the new Taste of Persia in Osborne Road last year for my birthday and enjoyed it so much that we went back there again this year for my birthday with my sister-in-law and her husband. The food is all very reasonably priced and really does give an authentic taste of Persia. We had starters which included a lovely smokey flavoured char-grilled aubergine puree mixture, and beautiful lamb stews and grilled meats all imbued with subtle Persian spices for the mains, and rice with barberries, pistachios and almonds - the perfect complement to lamb. The desserts were excellent too: we had saffron ice-cream, rose-water and noodles, and I had ordered a baclava and wondered why I had to wait for it after the other desserts had arrived. Then to my surprise it was brought to the table with a candle on top and the waitress singing happy birthday! A great evening, and highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank flying-scarf
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Great food and good service”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had starter maincourse and sweet. Excellent aubergine dish, nice hommous, a light naan bread with sesame seeds. The olives weren't quite to my taste. The mains were great, full of flavour. I had bean casserole with rice with berries and nuts in. The sweet trio was amazing. really tasty Baclava, icecream with cardamon in (amazing taste) and fig with rice pudding. The food arrived quickly, the waiter was really friendly without being in your face, the price was wholly reasonable. Perfect. We'll be back (and regularly)!

• Visited May 2014