“Oui oui oui for the chocolate marquise!”

Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$60
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is the perfect destination for hungry casino-goers and discerning diners alike. We offer an elegant dining space that boasts a contemporary design. Our selection of menu's offer a wide range of dishes from around the globe, from British fish and chips and American burgers, to delicate Thai curry and Italian-inspired crab linguine, there is truly something for everyone. For great-quality food in a glamorous casino setting, look no further than Freya's Restaurant. Aspers Casino Newcastle also boasts two lovely bars in which you can either relax and watch sports, or look out across the gaming floor, and enjoy a refreshing pint or cocktail. Aspers is membership free and open to those aged 18 over. Photo ID will be required if you appear under the age of 25, a driving license or passport will be accepted as proof of age.
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Been in Aspers many a time but this was the first time I'd been to Freya's.

Decided to go straight in for the kill, miss out the starter and main, and go for the dessert. The starters and mains did look very tempting n well priced but a pudding was all that I could stomach.

Loads of choices available and every one was a tempter. The chocolate marquise got the vote. One of the nicest puddings I've ate! Rich in taste, well presented and could ave scoffed another plates worth as it was so nice.

My pal who bats at No4 for England picked out the Eton Mess. Again a similar story and his smile was as wide as his cricket bat.

Desserts = Excellent!

Looking forward to trying the starters and mains when I return.

Nice, relaxed atmosphere and a cheery, can do attitude from the waitress, so well done to her!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were looking for somewhere different to eat for my husband's birthday and having read some of the the reviews here, we decided to book. The servers were knowledgeable, welcoming and polite and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable. The food was amazing, I had the rump steak and my husband had the duck which were both cooked perfectly and we both cleared our plates. There was no pressure on us to stay in the casino and we paid our bill and left. I have already recommended Freya's to friends and family and would wholly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful meal in unusual surroundings. We will definitely be back again!

1  Thank L0lly700
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have dined many times in this lovely restaurant and have never had any need to complain. The Sunday lunches are well worth a visit being plentiful, great value for money and in lovely surroundings. Staff are excellent and aim to make your dining experience good and they succeed. I think some people are put off maybe as it is in a casino but this is their loss and seems such a shame-because you can always dine and leave. Recommend unreservedly and you wont be disappointed .

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great Value, Great Service, Great Food, Great Drink, Great atmosphere all round I would give Freya's 12 out of 10! Best ever food and service I've ever had!!! Brilliant!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Reviewed this before, it was good then and it's good now. Not the most obvious place to go for a meal but I found it by accident and head back time after time, good food, great service and the offer midweek of buy one main course get second main course for 1p is sensational!
The restaurant staff are just very attentive and well worth a visit.