“A New Eperience”

Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$13 - US$59
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is the perfect destination for hungry casino-goers and discerning diners alike. We offer an elegant dining space that boasts a contemporary design. Our selection of menu's offer a wide range of dishes from around the globe, from British fish and chips and American burgers, to delicate Thai curry and Italian-inspired crab linguine, there is truly something for everyone. For great-quality food in a glamorous casino setting, look no further than Freya's Restaurant. Aspers Casino Newcastle also boasts two lovely bars in which you can either relax and watch sports, or look out across the gaming floor, and enjoy a refreshing pint or cocktail. Aspers is membership free and open to those aged 18 over. Photo ID will be required if you appear under the age of 25, a driving license or passport will be accepted as proof of age.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us at least 3 years ago and we just never got round to trying it, not too sure why really, perhaps because I just couldn’t imagine how a restaurant would be situated within a casino if you didn’t want to gamble. Well we finally went and how I wish I had gone 3 years ago because we have certainly been missing out. I don’t know quite what I expected but it was nothing like I had imagined. We didn’t have to sign in or anything, just walked straight past the doorman asking where the restaurant was and he directed us to it. I had booked a table for 2 for 6 o’clock and as expected both the restaurant and the casino were quiet at that time but it was still an eye opener, we couldn’t believe how much money was changing hands, we were fascinated by the gaming tables but didn’t have a clue what to do so just stood and watched for a while. There was a broad mixture of people there, young, old, hen parties (not rowdy) but as previously stated, it was quite early, I am sure it would be packed out later in the night. Our meal was superb, absolutely superb, and reasonably priced. The service was excellent, the two young ladies who served us could not have been more pleasant or accommodating. I have told everyone in the office about it and they are all going to give it a try, like me, for some reason they were all reluctant to go to a casino purely to have a meal. We are so glad we gave it a try.

2  Thank Trish36

Reviewed 23 June 2014

From beginning to end the warm welcome by Zila and I didn't get the other girls name, sorry, we had a wonderful meal. When I phoned to book I didn't know that we could use our Tastecard. The young lady who took the booking however asked if we had a Tastecard. I said yes. When we arrived we were greeted by Zila who was on her way to the kitchen with some plates and said she would be back in a moment. Another young lady then arrived and took us to our table. We had Tempura prawns for our starter followed by Sea Bass for my husband and I had the sirloin steak. We had 3 side dishes. We could not finish our side dishes as we wanted to save space for our dessert. However the garlic bread was just fab as were the mushrooms and twice cooked chips. We then had a lemon posset and a white chocolate and amaretto cheesecake. Presentation and taste were excellent. Our bill including a cocktail, 2 large glasses of wine and a mineral water came to £74.20 after getting £25.10 off for our Tastecard,we only paid £49.10, Totally fantastic. They also do Sunday Lunch for £6,95 and 2 or 3 course TDH. Tastecard cannot be used on those but I would happily have paid full price for the a la carte as it was well worth it. Thank you to the Chefs who care about their food.

1  Thank Linda1953_8
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had no idea about the existence of this place until about 2 weeks ago when a friend invited me out. Must say I was very impressed with the place, atmosphere, food. Not what you would expect when you say you had dinner in a casino.
Overall we had a good time and enjoyed our stay there, therefore the 5 star rating.

2  Thank Maddie S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This restaurant truly is one of Newcastle's hidden gems. Don't be put off by the fact that it is in a casino as you hear very little noise. Restaurant has subtle background music so you hear very little from the gambling side of things.

Having visited numerous times for Sunday lunch (which is a carvery and one of the best I've had) I decided to eat here with a friend for her birthday.
Waiting staff are excellent, always attentive and not overly asking if everything is ok - they basically leave you to enjoy your food and not bombard you with "Is everything ok?" every 5 minutes like some places.
Our waitress this night was Michelle and she was very helpful, smiley and polite.

I opted for the spicy bean burger which was two large burgers in a brioche bun with homemade (aka proper) chips. Friend had chicken burger which was a very generous sized chicken breast also in a brioche bun, also with chips. Nothing to fault with any of it - our empty plates done the talking. These dishes were reasonably priced at around £8 each.

We shared a bottle of house rose (delicious) and only £11

Wasn't going to have desset but then saw the menu and was spoilt for choice. Opted for lemon posset which is hands down the best lemon dessert I have ever tasted. Thick creamy lemon mousse with a meringue top, with 2 shortbread biscuits. Put it this way, had I not been in a public place I'd have licked the plate clean!
Friend had chocolate and orange brownie and she said she could have ate it again it was that delicious.

Can't fault this place at all. I love visiting here. Would eat here every day if my waistline could handle it

2  Thank Michala S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Visited a few weeks weeks ago with a couple of friend and we where totally blown away by the food we were served. For starVisited a few weeks weeks ago with a couple of friend and we where totally blown away by the food we were served. For starters we picked a few dishes to share including a duck salad which was by far the best i've ever tasted! We then had steak for main course which were good quality and cooked to perfection, the chips, onion rings and sauce were very tasty and accompanied the steak perfectly! Even the salad garnish was fresh and well dressed, there was attention to every single detail of the meal! Would definately return and recommend anyone who is in the area to visit!