“Anniversary Delight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino

Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$12 - US$56
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Freya's Restaurant at Aspers Casino is the perfect destination for hungry casino-goers and discerning diners alike. We offer an elegant dining space that boasts a contemporary design. Our selection of menu's offer a wide range of dishes from around the globe, from British fish and chips and American burgers, to delicate Thai curry and Italian-inspired crab linguine, there is truly something for everyone. For great-quality food in a glamorous casino setting, look no further than Freya's Restaurant. Aspers Casino Newcastle also boasts two lovely bars in which you can either relax and watch sports, or look out across the gaming floor, and enjoy a refreshing pint or cocktail. Aspers is membership free and open to those aged 18 over. Photo ID will be required if you appear under the age of 25, a driving license or passport will be accepted as proof of age.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I visited with my husband for our wedding anniversary, not knowing quite what to expect, but knowing that it should be good!

It's quirky and snug, with a romantic twist!

The food was absolutely out of this world!

We started with the Freya's tasting board which was absolutely delicious! Then we went on to have the Braised Belly Pork and The Seabass which were both beautifully presented and equally as tasty, the kind of presentation you would expect to see in a Michelin Star restaurant.

The staff couldn't do enough for you and there was so much of a delicious menu choice making you want a bit of each!

Anyone who hasn't been or is coming up to Newcastle and wondering where to eat I would highly recommend to eat here over anywhere else as the quality of food for the price is excellent and we will definitely be visiting again and again!

1 Thank Laura O

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A New Eperience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us at least 3 years ago and we just never got round to trying it, not too sure why really, perhaps because I just couldn’t imagine how a restaurant would be situated within a casino if you didn’t want to gamble. Well we finally went and how I wish I had gone 3 years ago because we have certainly been missing out. I don’t know quite what I expected but it was nothing like I had imagined. We didn’t have to sign in or anything, just walked straight past the doorman asking where the restaurant was and he directed us to it. I had booked a table for 2 for 6 o’clock and as expected both the restaurant and the casino were quiet at that time but it was still an eye opener, we couldn’t believe how much money was changing hands, we were fascinated by the gaming tables but didn’t have a clue what to do so just stood and watched for a while. There was a broad mixture of people there, young, old, hen parties (not rowdy) but as previously stated, it was quite early, I am sure it would be packed out later in the night. Our meal was superb, absolutely superb, and reasonably priced. The service was excellent, the two young ladies who served us could not have been more pleasant or accommodating. I have told everyone in the office about it and they are all going to give it a try, like me, for some reason they were all reluctant to go to a casino purely to have a meal. We are so glad we gave it a try.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Trish36
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Just a Total Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

From beginning to end the warm welcome by Zila and I didn't get the other girls name, sorry, we had a wonderful meal. When I phoned to book I didn't know that we could use our Tastecard. The young lady who took the booking however asked if we had a Tastecard. I said yes. When we arrived we were greeted by Zila who was on her way to the kitchen with some plates and said she would be back in a moment. Another young lady then arrived and took us to our table. We had Tempura prawns for our starter followed by Sea Bass for my husband and I had the sirloin steak. We had 3 side dishes. We could not finish our side dishes as we wanted to save space for our dessert. However the garlic bread was just fab as were the mushrooms and twice cooked chips. We then had a lemon posset and a white chocolate and amaretto cheesecake. Presentation and taste were excellent. Our bill including a cocktail, 2 large glasses of wine and a mineral water came to £74.20 after getting £25.10 off for our Tastecard,we only paid £49.10, Totally fantastic. They also do Sunday Lunch for £6,95 and 2 or 3 course TDH. Tastecard cannot be used on those but I would happily have paid full price for the a la carte as it was well worth it. Thank you to the Chefs who care about their food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda1953_8
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had no idea about the existence of this place until about 2 weeks ago when a friend invited me out. Must say I was very impressed with the place, atmosphere, food. Not what you would expect when you say you had dinner in a casino.
Overall we had a good time and enjoyed our stay there, therefore the 5 star rating.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maddie S
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This restaurant truly is one of Newcastle's hidden gems. Don't be put off by the fact that it is in a casino as you hear very little noise. Restaurant has subtle background music so you hear very little from the gambling side of things.

Having visited numerous times for Sunday lunch (which is a carvery and one of the best I've had) I decided to eat here with a friend for her birthday.
Waiting staff are excellent, always attentive and not overly asking if everything is ok - they basically leave you to enjoy your food and not bombard you with "Is everything ok?" every 5 minutes like some places.
Our waitress this night was Michelle and she was very helpful, smiley and polite.

I opted for the spicy bean burger which was two large burgers in a brioche bun with homemade (aka proper) chips. Friend had chicken burger which was a very generous sized chicken breast also in a brioche bun, also with chips. Nothing to fault with any of it - our empty plates done the talking. These dishes were reasonably priced at around £8 each.

We shared a bottle of house rose (delicious) and only £11

Wasn't going to have desset but then saw the menu and was spoilt for choice. Opted for lemon posset which is hands down the best lemon dessert I have ever tasted. Thick creamy lemon mousse with a meringue top, with 2 shortbread biscuits. Put it this way, had I not been in a public place I'd have licked the plate clean!
Friend had chocolate and orange brownie and she said she could have ate it again it was that delicious.

Can't fault this place at all. I love visiting here. Would eat here every day if my waistline could handle it

• Visited June 2014